- Umbro. // Marketing (00253650);6/20/2012, p23
The article profiles British sportswear company Umbro, which is being sold by parent company Nike in 2012. Topics include a history of Umbro before and after it was purchased by Nike in 2007, the possibility that the company will be bought by British retailer Sports Direct, and a table...
- Consolidation's Speed Has its Downside. Carr, Bob // SGB;Aug2004, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p14
Discusses the impact of the consolidation of companies for the sporting goods industry. Role of the price of goods in brand differentiation; Information on the performance of Nike and Under Armour; Background on laws protecting retailers of sporting goods in Germany.
- NIKE TO ACQUIRE UMBRO IN $582M CASH DEAL. Beckett, Whitney // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/24/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 87, p11
This article reports on the acquisition deal between Umbro PLC and Nike Inc. Umbro's 2006 annual revenues were approximately 149.5 million pounds, or $276 million. With licensed sales added, the number goes up to 409.4 million pounds, or $755 million. The acquisition furthers Nike's soccer...
- Modell's gets set to open. Philippidis // Westchester County Business Journal;11/15/99, Vol. 38 Issue 46, p8
Announces Modell's Sporting Goods' plan to open its sixth Westchester County, New York store on December 1999.
- City Sports CEO steps down. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
The article announces the resignation of Jeff Connor as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of City Sports effective September 1, 2012.
- Sports Equipment M&A Flexes, but Weakly. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
Provides information on the merger and acquisition deals in the sports equipment industry in the U.S. as of November 2002.
- Interest in Callaway Builds, Nike Said Among Suitors. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/8/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 28, p16
Reports on the companies that are showing interest in buying shares in Callaway Golf Co. Speculated plan of Nike to acquire Callaway; Unsolicited bid allegedly submitted by Thomas Lee Partners with partner Fidelity National Financial to Callaway; Advantages of acquiring Callaway to the golf...
- Nike Skateboard. Thomaselli, Rich // Advertising Age;11/1/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 44, pS-19
Evaluates the marketing strategy of Nike following its acquisition deal with skateboard equipment marketer Hurley International in 2002. Design of the skateboard shoe product line of the company; Recruitment of "TransWorld Stance" editor Kevin Imamura for shoe development; Contribution of the...
- The BIG DEAL. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Sep2005, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p14
Presents views on the plan of Adidas to purchase Reebok. Paul Swangard, managing director of Warsaw Sports Marketing Center, on the potential response of Nike to the purchase; Richard Heckmann, chairman and CEO of K2 Inc., on the implication of the deal on the sporting goods industry; Robby...