SmartWool Spins Unique Yarn
- Seeking Spots. MCKEAN, ELLEN // Spin-Off;Fall2015, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p85
The article focuses on several breeds of sheep providing different colors and patterns of fleece for the yarn industry from among which the spinners can choose including Jacob sheep which has contrasting black and white pattern, Shetland sheep that provide rich colors and Rambouillet.
- Think Globally, Dress Locally. // Spin-Off;Fall2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses the Wool & Fine Fiber Symposium to be held at the Dance Palace in Point Reyes Station, California on November 15, 2014, which includes a panel on breeding for high-quality fiber and hands-on activities such as sheepshearing, skirting and wool grading.
- The editor's page. Isaacs, Mac // Textile World;Jan94, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p15
Editorial. Comments on the anticipated shift of textile manufacturers in the United States to a team-based management approach. World Class Manufacturing workshops conducted by the North Carolina Textile Manufacturers Association; Benefits of operating under the team concept; Challenges faced...
- AMTEX announces first funding and projects. // Textile World;Sep93, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the American Textile (AMTEX) Partnership's approval of its initial slate of projects. $25-million funding from the Department of Energy; Concerted effort of the government and members of the integrated textile industries to boost global competitiveness; Cooperative work on leapfrog...
- QR moves to ACR within 10 years. Isaacs III, McAllister // Textile World;Dec94, Vol. 144 Issue 12, p90
Reports on the changes in the United States textile industry in the way it manufactures, sells, and distributes its products. Development of the management concept of quick response; Development of ACR or automatic consumer replenishment as a complementary concept for QR; Features of the ACR...
- Sieben auf einen Streich. B. M. // Textilwirtschaft;4/22/2010, Issue 16, p86
The article presents the graduates of the Multichannel Trade management in Textile Business study program at the Hochschule fÃ¼r Angewandte Wissenschaften (HAW) in Hamburg, Germany.
- Execs & events. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/24/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 100, p19
Reports on developments concerning textile and clothing companies in the United States as of May 24, 1994. Speakers at the 1994 meeting of the Textile Distributors Association; Ayana Wigfall's winning of the first prize at a textile/surface design competition; Hiring of Damian McDermott as...
- The Age of Exploration. Bulla, Tracy // Home Accents Today;Oct2016, p16
The article discusses the explorations in the textile interior design industry including Virtual Explorations, Cultural Explorations and Planetary Explorations.
- The future looms. // Business North Carolina;Mar1995, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p8
Presents an interview of Department of Textile and Apparel Management assistant professor Helmut Hergeth of North Carolina State University. State of apparel industry abroad; Domestic apparel production; Technology issues; Automation; Future for textiles.