- JOHN BORSHOFF. // BRW;5/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p198
The article provides information on millionaire John Borshoff of Perth, Western Australia. Borshoff departs "BRW" magazine's Rich 200 List in 2008 when his shares in Paladin Resources, the uranium explorer he listed in 1994, have halved in the past year. His total wealth in 2007 was worth $205...
- Through 5000 and onwards. // Money (Australia Edition);May2006, Issue 79, p95
The article reports on the progress of the Australian sharemarket throughout March and April 2006. Among the best-performing sectors include materials and energy industries. The announcement that China will buy uranium from Australia resulted to the increase in the share price of Paladin Resources.
- 'Prophet of boom' speaks. Ryan, Brendan // Finweek;10/14/2010, p22
In this article, the author discusses the price for uranium which is forecasted to increase due to inadequate supply in South Africa. According to John Borshoff, chief executive officer (CEO) of Paladin Resources Ltd., under-investment in the mining industry has produced less companies which...
- Paladin mines a rich data lode. Davis, Mark // BRW;1/30/95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on Paladin Resources' mineral prospecting in western Australia's Eastern Goldfields led by managing director of the junior explorer John Borshoff. Company's geophysical survey plan of the area; Mineral prospect sites in other areas.
- NUCLEAR POWERED. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;5/31/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p60
The article profiles John Borshoff, one of the members of the periodical's 2007 Rich List in Australia. Borshoff trained as a geologist and worked for several foreign companies including the German uranium mining firm, Uranerz. When Uranerz left Australia, Borshoff bought some of its assets...
- POWER TO PALADIN. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;3/11/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p22
Features Australia-based uranium mining company Paladin Resources. Company background; Increase in world demand for uranium fuel; Stock market performance of Paladin Resources and other Australian uranium miners; Factors affecting the uranium mining industry.
- SHOCK AND ORE. Forrestal, Luke // BRW;4/3/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p64
The article reports on the mergers and financing activities and trends in the mining industry in Australia as of April 2008 citing the operations of Fortescue Metals Group and Paladin Resources. Statistics indicate a decline in the share prices of many mining and energy companies outside the...
- Time-Varying Betas in an Emerging Stock Market: The Case of Brazil. Grieb, Terrance; Reyes, Mario G. // American Business Review;Jan2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p118
Examines the investable stock market in Brazil. Correlation between the investable stocks and aggregate market volatility; Estimates of market capitalization; Impact of stock market liberalization on market volatility and systematic risk of stocks.
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p66
Lists planned offerings in the equities market as of August 18, 2003.