James W. Michaels 1921-2007
- High-Roller Readers. Moses, Lucia // MediaWeek;3/12/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p22
This article discusses upper-class periodicals and newspapers, which have more discriminating taste, richer audiences, and media buyers than traditional publications. The article presents a list of periodicals that have richest known audiences. Those periodicals include â€œHarvard Business...
- Remaking Fortune. Denitto, Emily // Crain's New York Business;1/22/96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
Reports on `Fortune' magazine's efforts to raise its profile in 1996. `Fortune' magazine's attack against `Forbes' magazine; Circulation figures; Revenues from advertising; Improvements in the magazine's newsstand sales.
- Circulation promotion: Test eliminating expensive elements. Love, Barbara // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/96, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p9
Looks at how `Forbes' magazine downsized its business circulation promotion packages. Removal of brochure; Benefits to cost of production; Comments from Lawrence Freeman, director of circulation at `Forbes'.
- Over the topless. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;1/25/2005, Vol. 123 Issue 6454, p71
The article focuses on the journal of the thinking jet set, Forbes magazine, which recently announced its list of the world's best topless beaches for 2005. Coming in at number one is Copacabana, Brazil, with Ball's Kuta, Saint Tropez on the CÃ´ted' Azur and Mykonos in the Aegean all getting a...
- Business titles war takes twist. Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;9/27/93, Vol. 9 Issue 39, p13
Reports on the competition between business magazines Business Week, Forbes and Fortune. Position in the advertising market; Claims, counterclaims and allegations; Annual increases in advertising rates.
- Generation Net. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek New England Edition;07/26/99, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p28
Looks at the advertisement of Forbes magazine. Description of the advertisement; Influences of Generation X on the advertisement; Reaction of the public to the campaign.
- `PC World,' `Forbes' roll Electronic Commerce section. Maslanka, Maria R. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr95, Vol. 80 Issue 4, pT-14
Reports on the `PC World' magazine's partnership with `Forbes' magazine. Co-publication of a special section about business-related topics; `PC World' magazine's joint venture strategy.
- Black magazines are a big business. Connors, Cathy // New York Amsterdam News;1/6/96, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on a magazine for young professional African-Americans called `Savoy.' Savoy a publication slated for the educated, upper income African-American; Expectations of Forbes magazine; What the publishers had to say; When American Express publication, hired its first African-American.
- OUR PLACE IN THE UNIVERSE. Dilonardo, Mary Jo // Atlanta;Feb2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p38
This article presents information on the survey Best Cities for Singles according to "Forbes Magazine," published in the February 2004 issue of the periodical "Atlanta." Some of the best cities according to the survey are Austin city in Texas, Denver in Colorado and Boston in Massachusetts.