Tenants: The More The Merrier
- E-BIZ WANTS TO GO WIRELESS. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;06/19/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p27
Reports on Web integrators' organization of wireless demonstrations for business clients. Inclusion of a showcase innovation center in Dallas, Texas announced by Viant Corp. and Ericsson; Wireless applications workshop to be conducted by Zefer Inc. in collaboration with the Massachusetts...
- The tooth is out there. Phillips, Tim // Director;Nov2000, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p163
Examines what kind of companies will use Bluetooth technology to avail of wireless communication services. How the technology works; Applications of the technology; What business enterprises think of Bluetooth.
- Deployment dilemma. Briody, Dan; Lattig, Michael // InfoWorld;02/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p34
Examines diverse issues in wireless communications to help companies make deployment decisions. Factors that influence the implementation of wireless communication systems; Challenges faced by information technology organizations in delivering information for outside customers and internal...
- Real-time wireless business applications hold both challenge and opportunity. Biggs, Maggie // InfoWorld;10/18/99, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p74
Focuses on the challenges and opportunities in deploying wireless business applications. Factors that contributed to the increased use of wireless technology; Advantages of using wireless technology; Steps that must considered by adopters who deploy business applications to intelligent wireless...
- In-Building: Changing The Next Frontier. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p4
Presents an article on the importance of in-building coverage in fueling third-generation technology into the enterprise sector. Claims about the potential of in-building; Forecast on the enterprise equipment market; Imperative for the wireless industry.
- Fixed wireless access. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p74
Examines the feasibility issues of fixed wireless access (FWA) applications in small and medium enterprises. Narrowband and broadband FWA; Advantages of the broadband FWA over the digital subscriber lines according to FWA proponents; Frequency range unpredictability of the FWA; Problems in...
- Where has all the paper gone? Laird, Michelle Olivie // Business Mexico;Aug1994, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the increasing use of wireless communication systems among business enterprises. Advent of wireless messaging services; Examples of wireless technology; Problems hindering the growth of the system.
- More Than a Telephone. Bednar, Joseph // BusinessWest;Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on third generation (3G) wireless technology that combines high-speed voice and data services in the U.S. Information on the wireless data service launched by Verizon Wireless in January 2002; Companies that are developing their own 3G services.
- Pot watching. Bout, Dirk // Total Telecom Magazine;Oct2003, p54
Focuses on the acceptance of mobile enterprise solutions in Europe as of October 2003. Percentage of companies which consider the importance of wireless access to mobile office applications; Statistics which suggest that companies are willing to experiment with mobile enterprise solutions;...