- Allen Telecom anticipates growth due to 911. // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p5
Predicts the growth of third generation wireless markets in the United States, according to Allen Telecom Inc. President Robert Paul. Opportunities in the geolocation market; Company's offering of its Geomatrix system.
- Geoworks unveils wireless-extension solution. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p58
Introduces several wireless-extension solutions for application service providers by Geoworks Corp. in the United States. Role of Mobile ASP in the application development process; Components of Mobile ASP; Use of Premion Server technology in optimizing data formats; Functions of notification...
- Green Light For Geoworks' Growth. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the progress of wireless data pioneer Geoworks Corp. on the business and legal side. Why Geoworks expects that the legal dispute with Phone.com will be dismissed by the court; Number of companies that have licensed the Geoworks Wireless Application Protocol user interface.
- Getting Crabby Over WAP. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p3
Comments on the Wireless Application Protocol Forum held in Rome in February 2000. Controversy on its intellectual property rights; Details on the plan of Geoworks Corp. to charge a license fee for large companies.
- ASPs steal thunder. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/06/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p70
Deals with the impact of application service providers (ASP) on wireless communications operators. Impact of ASP on wireless operators' profits; Effect of ASP on airtime of wireless operators; Services offered by ASP Geoworks; Target market of ASP Wysdom. INSETS: Briefly;Portal play.
- Business briefs. // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p49
Reports on developments related to wireless telecommunications industry as of February 1, 1999. Includes product interoperability tests conducted by Geoworks Corp. and APiON Ltd.; L-3 Communications' planned public offering.
- Geoworks Claim Its WAP Rights. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the doubling of the market capitalization of wireless data company Geoworks Corp. Reason for the doubling of the company's market capitalization; Annual fee that will be charged by Geoworks for companies with more than one million revenue.
- Allen Telecom integrates macrocell with inside coverage. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;11/01/95, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p56
Reports on Allen Telecom Group's (ATG) integration of its new generation of microcell environment with indoor cellular coverage. Redesign of Smartcell to serve new configurations; Configuration of hybrid link between internal wireless private branch exchanges and external cellular environment.
- Briefly. // Telephony;10/02/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 14, p68
Focuses on the completion of a field trial conducted by Verizon Wireless and Allen Telecom using Allen Telecom's Geometrix E911 wireless location solution. Installation of the solution equipment.