Carriers May Not Hit Pay Dirt With Data
- Opportunities and threats. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;4/3/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p10
The article reflects on the opportunities and threats faced by wireless carriers in the U.S. as of April 2006. It looks at the internal and external threats faced by the wireless industry because of its continued success. It cites some developments in the wireless industry.
- Getting Serious About Third Parties. Cole, Andrew // Wireless Week;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p3
Comments on partnership deals among wireless communication carriers. Hurdles in carrier partnership success; Key element to long-term success; Factors determining the success of partner management.
- Open Mobile maintains market leadership with solid team o f executives. // Caribbean Business;8/28/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 33, pB4
The article offers a corporate profile of Puerto Rican telecommunications firm Open Mobile/PRWireless Inc. which has been growing since it was established in 2007. Open Mobile has reportedly maintained its position as a market leader despite tough competition by being innovative and providing...
- ULOGA IMIDÅ½A U PERCIPIRANJU KVALITETA MOBILNIH USLUGA. Amina, Imširpašić mr.; Vesna, Babić-Hodović dr.; Rabija, Somun-Kapetanović dr. // Zbornik Radova;2008, Issue 28, p214
The quality of service is an essential requirement for market survival in modern business conditions. Thus, improvement of quality of services often needs to be one of the primary business strategies. The purpose of this article is to present results of research of measuring quality of mobile...
- Breaking the mold in Japan. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the success of Softbank Mobile Corp. in providing second and third generation mobile voice data in Japan. Ted Matsumoto, senior executive vice president of the company, shares their strategies in providing mobile voice data in the country by integrating with the...
- For Frank Bell, it's all about market demand. // Caribbean Business;11/8/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 44, pS26
The article reports on the success of Frank Bell's company called Open Mobile in Puerto Rico. According to Bell, providing the market's demand is the key to the success of his wireless telecommunication business. Bell emphasizes that establishing a credible name toward customers and employees...
- Red Tower gives wireless providers the support they need to succeed. // Caribbean Business;12/11/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 49, p34
The article profiles Red Tower Corp. The company has been established in the year 2007. It became the major contributor in weaning the local market from landline-based telecommunications services. It likewise becomes the trusted multipurpose telecommunication-development partner for the local...
- steve livingston. McElligott, Tim // Wireless Review;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p13
Presents statements from Steve Livingston, Bytemobile's executive vice-president for world sales and marketing, about his company and their optimization software. History of the company in the wireless communication industry; Success of the company; Views on third generation optimization.
- Dispensing technology. // Finance Week;3/21/2005, p66
Comments on the success of Samsung in the cellphone industry. Key factors contributing to Samsung's success; Market value; Success of the company as a memory chip manufacturer and flat-panel displayer maker; Satellite television on mobile phones.