Licensing Bureau To Create One-stop Shopping
- Meeting the E911 mandate. Marble, George // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p74
Examines the shared solutions that wireless service providers must declare for compliance with the United States Federal Communications Commission's Wireless E911 Phase II mandate. Types of available shared solutions; Factors to consider when evaluating individual and shared solutions; Most...
- Number Conservation. Sill, William J.; Pearlman, Heidi C. // Wireless Review;04/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the extension given by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the deadline of the implementation of the wireless LNP. Impact of the LNP implementation; Criticisms on the FCC extension; Concerns of the FCC.
- More Calls For Auction Delay. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the increase in calls for a delay in the spectrum auction by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission scheduled for June 19, 2002. Actions taken by legislators in the U.S. House of Representatives; Remarks from Don Evans, secretary of the U.S. Commerce Department; Members of the...
- Carriers Reject Truth in Billing. Bainbridge, Heather // Wireless Review;06/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pRM8
Deals with the concerns of the wireless carrier industry on the rule passed by the Federal Communications Commission about truth in billing. Details on the legislation; Views of the industry on the legislation; Implications of the rule against wireless industries.
- Funding Woes Hamper Wireless 911 Progress. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;01/18/99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, pI-8
Reports on the lack of funding for public safety access points (PSAP) that will give access to wireless callers for 911 emergency calls. Mandate from the United States Federal Communications Commission; Other factors that prevented the availability of 911 service to wireless callers; Background...
- CDMA prepares for E-911 requirements. // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the plan of CDMA Development Group (CDG) to organize tests that will help wireless carriers determine the solution to the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) E-911 location requirements. What the trials include; Comments from Jim Takage of CDG; Distribution of the...
- NextWave Gets Its Day At FCC. // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission is ready to review the petition of NextWave Telecom to reconsider the cancellation of its C-Block PCS licenses. Release of the draft of the reconsideration.
- Tower Execs Await Court Decision. // Wireless Week;06/18/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p38
Reports that the tower industry is awaiting a decision by the United States (U.S.) Supreme Court on whether provisions of the Pole Attachments Act apply to wireless towers. Interpretation of the act by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- FCC Tackles Broadcast Transition, Numbering. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p11
Reports on the action taken by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the issues of numbering, transition of broadcaster and a regular framework for broadband services. Details on the issues; Importance of the actions taken by the FCC for the wireless communication industry.