Licenses Granted After Five Years
- PCS auction shatters record. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p14
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's auction for personal communications services (PCS) licenses. Money raised in the government auction; Proposal for alternative uses for the money raised; Partnership formed between bidders.
- 700 MHz sale postponed. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission delayed the auction of commercial licenses in the 700 MHz band, while proceeding with plans to auction licenses for guard-band managers and proposing service rules for public-safety uses on the same band.
- FCC adopts date, rules for 220MHz service. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) rescheduling of the auction date for the 220MHz-222MHz licenses. Issuance of the Memorandum of Opinion and Order on Reconsideration; Comment by Alan Shark, president of the American Mobile Telecommunications Association.
- FCC clarifies ULS forms. // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has clarified that paging carriers cannot use Form 900 when electronically renewing their licenses through the Universal Licensing System (ULS). Forms that should be used when renewing through ULS; Information on Form 900; Details...
- FCC approves ULS rules. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p8
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved rules implementing the universal licensing system. Dismissal of 50,000 multiple address system applications; Comments from FCC Chairman Bill Kennard; Proposal by the FCC to redesignate portions of the 18 GHz...
- Lawsuit could delay next PCS auction. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/6/95, Vol. 228 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the delay in the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) entrepreneurs' block auction for personal communication services licenses as the FCC and prospective bidders waited for court action on a lawsuit alleging that the auction is unconstitutional. Details of the planned...
- Next PCS auction due in August. // Telephony;5/8/95, Vol. 228 Issue 19, p10
Announces the Federal Communications Commission's auction of personal communications services (PCS) licenses starting on August 2, 1995. Deadline for submission of bidding applications.
- 746-806 MHz Auction In Motion. // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on a report submitted by the United States Federal Communications Commission that sets forth a timetable for the year 2000 auction of licenses. Megahertz range covered by the licenses.
- Mapping out a general direction. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;9/26/94, Vol. 227 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the standards proposed by a joint technical committee of Committee T1 and the Telecommunications Industry Association for personal Communications System (PCS) air interface. Auctioning of the PCS licenses by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission; Features of the licenses for...
- Market reforms in telecommunications licensing. Barnes, Daniel D. // Administrative Law Review;Fall96, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p439
Presents an analysis of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) auction of Personal Communications Services (PCS) licenses. Status of the telecommunications industry; Problem with the current licensing process; PCS auction as a case study for the use of auctions.