Nextel Stocks Up On 900 News
- Geotek sale delayed--again. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the delay in the bankruptcy sale of Geotek Communications Inc.'s 900 MHz mobile radio licenses. Evaluation of bulk bids for the licenses as reason for the delay; Nextel Communications Inc. as among the bidders.
- Dispatch Radio Leery Of NeoWorld Deal. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p26
Reports that a number of dispatch radio businesses banding together as the Alliance for Radio Competition are imploring the United States Federal Communications Commission not to let NeoWorld License Holding Inc. act as an intermediary for Nextel company. Background information on the alliance;...
- wireless HISTORY. // RCR Wireless News;12/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p26
The article recalls a report on the decision of the U.S. Department of Justice to block Nextel Communications Inc. from bidding on licenses held by bankrupt Geotek Communications Inc. in December 1998.
- Geotek licenses may be back on block. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
Presents an update on developments related to bankrupt Geotek Communications Inc. Decision on what to do with specialized mobile radio (SMR) licenses Geotek was planning to sell to Nextel Communications Inc. before a federal judge banned the sale; Antitrust problems on the Nextel deal; Interest...
- Geotek licenses up for grabs today. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the bankruptcy auction of Geotek Communications Inc.'s 900 MHz specialized mobile radio licenses in the United States in January 1999. Individual and bulk bidders for the licenses; Reason for Nextel's inability to bid in the Geotek auction.
- Static. // Northern New Jersey Business;1/25/95, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p3
Reports that Nextel Communications has agreed to buy 74 900 megahertz channels from Geotek Communications under a frequency swap agreement. Possible benefits for Nextel from the deal; Drop in Nextel's market capitalization.
- Geotek seeks liquidation approval in event Nextel loses appeal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p21
Reports that Geotek Communications Inc. is moving forward to win creditor and bankruptcy court approval of a final plan of liquidation. Geotek's planning for contingencies in the event Nextel Communications Inc. loses its bid to overturn a 1995 antitrust consent decree; Details on the...
- Justice blocks Nextel bid for Geotek licenses. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p1
Reports that the United States Justice Department has blocked Nextel Communications Inc.'s bid on Geotek Communications Inc.'s licenses. Denial of Nextel Communications' request to modify a 1994 antitrust consent decree; Ability of Nextel to accommodate future growth in major markets.
- Geotek backers complain Nextel is too limited by DOJ. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p13
Reports on Geotek Communications Inc. creditors' criticism on the proposed antitrust settlement between the United States Department of Justice and Nextel Communications Inc. Attempts of government lawyers to limit creditors' participation in the case; Terms of the settlement agreement.