Qualcomm Lays Off
- Qualcomm, Kyocera deal price set at $500M. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Reports on speculations of the sale price of Qualcomm Inc.'s cellphone manufacturing operations to Kyocera Corp. Deal as a positive one for Qualcomm's stock in late December 1999; Qualcomm's noncompetition with top companies such as Motorola, Nokia and Samsung; Kyocera as a major producer of...
- Kyocera Thinks Globally With Handset Purchase. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the purchase of the handset division of Qualcomm company by Kyocera Corp. Implication of Qualcomm's divestiture; Terms of the agreement; Plans of Kyocera for the handset business.
- Qualcomm's Gift: $14.5 Million for San Diego State. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p9
Reports business developments in San Diego, California as of August 2004. Partnership between Qualcomm Inc. and San Diego State University; Plan of Kyocera Corp. to establish an engineering and marketing office; Class action lawsuits filed against Wireless Facilities Inc. after its announcement...
- CDMA firm sells phone division while advancing technology. Mannion, Patrick // Electronic Design;01/24/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p28
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. has sold its terrestrial-based code division multiple access (CDMA) phone division to Kyocera Corp. Rationale for the sale; Completion of the world's first successful over-the-air phone calls compliant with the industry-standard 3G CDMA; MSM5000 solution for mobile...
- Kyocera buys Qualcomm handset division. // RCR;12/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p1
Reports on Kyocera Corp.'s acquisition of Qualcomm Inc.'s handset telecommunication business. Inclusion of the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) chipsets and system software in the purchase agreement; Terms of licensing agreements affected by the acquisition.
- Kyocera buys Qualcomm unit. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;1/17/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 48, p18
Reports that a unit of Kyocera Corp. will acquire Qualcomm Inc.'s Code Division Multiple Access consumer phone business. Terms under the deal; Qualcomm's plans to focus on further CDMA development and chip manufacturing; Kyocera's expansion plans in the cellular phone market.
- ELECTRONICS COMPANIES. // San Diego Business Journal;Lists Supplement, p118
Lists the top electronics companies in San Diego, California as ranked by the number of local employees as of January 1, 2004. Qualcomm Inc.; Kyocera; Sony Electronics.
- Ericsson marries Qualcomm, world gets 3G. Lynch, Grahame // Telecom Asia;Apr99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the merger of Ericsson SA and Qualcomm Inc. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the merger; Financial difficulties of Qualcomm Inc.
- Qualcomm Acquires Summit Microelectronics. // Voice & Data;Jul2012, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the acquisition of Summit Microelectronics by Qualcomm Inc. in India.