Chattanooga hails MotorWheel excellence
- DOWNTOWN INDIO PROJECT WINS APWA AWARD FOR CITY, RBF. // Public Record (0744205X);12/14/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p10
The article announces that the Downtown Indio Revitalization, Phase I Infrastructure Improvement Project in Indio, California has received the Project of Merit Award from the Coachella Valley Branch of the Southern California Chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA).
- Grounds society honors public park. Hirschfeld, Matt // Public Works;Jan2010, Vol. 141 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that the Miami-Dade County Park & Recreation Department of Florida got the Grand Award in the Public Works Site category of the Green Star Awards program by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) for using green practices in developing 800 acres of landscape.
- Residents of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. // Public Works;Nov2008, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p48
The article recognizes more than 600 residents of Cedar Rapids, Iowa as 2008 Trendsetters by "Public Works" for saving the city's drinking water system during the worst flooding in the city's history.
- APWA recognizes outstanding leaders, projects. // American City & County;Aug99, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p68
Reports that the American Public Works Association has named its 1999 outstanding public works leaders and projects across the United States. Date and venue of the presentation of the awards; Categories of the Top 12 Public Works Projects of the year; List of the Top Ten Public Works Leaders...
- Public works. Margolies, Jane // House Beautiful;Jul95, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p36
Features the Federal Design Achievement Awards given to outstanding public works in the United States. Selection of winners.
- City of Lincoln Wins APWA Project Award. // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p49
Focuses on an award-winning sewer project of the Department of Public Works and Utilities for the City of Lincoln, Nebraska. Cost of the Salt Valley Trunk Sewer Project; Recipient of the Public Works 2000 Project of the Year award from the United States-based American Public Works Association;...
- Manassas Water Earns State Award. // Opflow Online;Jul2012, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p5
The article announces that the city of Manassas, Virginia Public Works and Utilities department has received the silver 2011 Excellence in Water Treatment Plant Performance award from the Virginia Department of Health Office of Drinking Water.
- ESRI lauds mapping leaders. // Public Works;Sep2008, Vol. 139 Issue 10, p17
The article highlights the recipients of a "Special Achievement in GIS" award during the Environmental Systems Research Institute's (ESRI) 12th annual convention including the public works department of Newport News in Virginia, the Navajo Nation Department of Transportation and the Northeast...
- Pima County Public Works recognized in APWA competition. // Inside Tucson Business;3/20/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p17
The article announces that four public works projects of Pima County, Arizona have won awards from the Southern Arizona chapter of the American Public Works Association.