Wabash, KPCL sign RoadRailer agreement
- Roadrailer pops up in India. // Transportation & Distribution;Nov93, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the RoadRailer Division of Wabash National's license agreement in India. Kirloskar Pneumatic to manufacture, market and use the bimodal RoadRailer technology in India; First equipment to be used in India; Technology's elimination of the need for expensive terminal facilities.
- The Week. // Traffic World;4/7/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 14, p9
Presents news briefs related to the transportation industry in the U.S. as of April 2003. Launching of a barge and rail cargo distribution network designed to better compete for over-the-road intermodal traffic; Truck driver hours-of-service regulations; Dynamics of outsourcing in the chemical...
- Steady as she goes. Hardenbergh, Chop // JoC Week;1/7/2002 Annual Review, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p150
Focuses on container traffic in the Atlantic Northeast, the North American region encompassing New England and the Canadian Maritimes. Intermodal competition in the region; Decline in traffic shown by the region's three ports in 20001; Transportation providers' view that no economic revolution...
- Update. // Traffic World;07/14/97, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p59
Presents graphs on the performance of the transportation industry in the United States for the week ending July 7, 1997. Container activity at ports; Diesel price index; Grain transportation; Freight volume.
- Bring NI into line. // Motor Transport;4/15/2004, p3
Reports on the demand from the Freight Transport Association in Northern Ireland for the implementation of operator licensing for own account operators in the province. Significance of the initiative; Request for Regional Development Minister John Spellar on the extension of the licensing...
- RoadRailer hits the big time. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Oct94, Vol. 195 Issue 10, p49
Focuses on the bimodal rail vehicles from RoadRailer. Companies that acquired the vehicles; Design features; Joint venture with other companies; Technology refinements. INSETS: AutoRailer: RoadRailer tests the automotive market.;Amtrak/USPS: Revenue RoadRailers are ready to roll..
- Ultra-wide container. // Fleet Owner;Jan2006, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p40
The article evaluates the DuraPlate CargoMax truck container from Wabash National Corp. and offers information on its design, durability and strength.
- Intermodal Converter. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;11/15/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 46, p32
Reports on the claims of trucking company Schneider National regarding the advantages of the company's improved container vans. Partnership between Schneider and Wabash National and Stoughton Trailers to develop a domestic and rail-friendly container van; Design of the unit to facilitate freight...
- Intermodal Infrastructure Impediments Create a Major Challenge. Coia, Anthony // World Trade;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p64
Discusses the increase in intermodal freight traffic in the United States. Significance of integrating intermodal transportation system; Problems of ports on cargo ships; Benefits of the Alameda Corridor, railway and highway access to the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles in California.