Early Marriage and Motherhood in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Mary grows up. Hazleton, Lesley // Women's Review of Books;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10/11, p12
Presents an article on early motherhood, single parents and teenage marriages. Views on the events depicted in the Gospel; Facets of the life of Virgin Mary; Controversy over teenage pregnancy.
- Early Motherhood and Contraceptive Use among Adolescents: A Study from Rajshahi District of Bangladesh. Rahman, M. M. // Journal of Nepal Paediatric Society;2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p8
Introduction: This paper employs various statistical methods to identify the factors associated with age at first motherhood and contraception use among the adolescence mothers in Rajshahi district of Bangladesh. Methods: To meets the objectives this study utilizes information from 1000 married...
- MOST CHILD BRIDES ALREADY PREGNANT WHEN THEY MARRIED. // Ebony;Mar1953, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p28
The article reports that in many child marriages, the young bride is already pregnant even before the wedding ceremony gets underway.
- EFFECTS OF FEMALE AGE AT MARRIAGE ON BIRTH ORDER AND UTILISATION OF MOTHERHOOD SERVICES: A DISTRICT LEVEL ANALYSIS. Marimuthu, P. // Journal of Family Welfare;Jun2008, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p79
The article focuses on the findings of a study conducted by P. Marimuthu regarding the impact of women's age at marriage on birth order and utilisation of motherhood services in India. The study shows that around 50% of female were married before the age of 16 years and one in three marriages...
- Correlates of early motherhood in slum areas of Rajshahi City, Bangladesh. Rahman, Md. Mahfuzur; Goni, Md. Abdul; Akhter, Md. Rizvi // Avicenna (2220-2749);2013, Vol. 2013, p1
Background: Teenage pregnancy comprises 24.2 percent of the total pregnancies of Bangladesh, which is a great threat to the overall health of the country. In Bangladesh, a large number of young women migrate to urban areas for work and most of them live in slum areas. This study aims at shedding...
- Education for All: Gender Equity in Kenya. Branyon, Jill B. // Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin;Winter2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p8
While "Education tor All" is the slogan for most nations of the globe, the reality of gender equity is far from ideal. In Kenya, girls are often kept out of school due lo limited family budgets, the need for their employment or services, early marriage, early pregnancies, and other factors....
- Whose family whose values. // Off Our Backs;Nov96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p4
Opinion. Comments on the Orange County Social Services Agency of solving teenage pregnancy cases by marrying the girl and man. Marrying of thirteen year old girl to her twenty year old boyfriend; Applicability of statutory rape laws.
- Shame on Mom. SCHULTZ, CONNIE // Progressive Populist;6/15/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p22
In this article, the author discusses issue of motherhood after report published in magazine "New York" regarding the interview of Chirlane McCray, wife of New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, and also discusses that the photos of the pregnant students in the yearbooks may promotes the teen pregnancy.
- Are older mothers the new teenagers? Richens, Yana // British Journal of Midwifery;Sep2006, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p512
The article reflects on middle-age pregnancy which is a growing public health problem in Great Britain. It also cites the role of midwives in educating women on the possible consequences of delayed motherhood. It also discusses the problem of teenage pregnancy which the government of Great...