Naphtha keeps climbing
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;12/22/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 40, p24
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Nippon Oil says it will shut its naphtha cracker in Kawasaki, Japan for about 20 days due to the collapse in petrochemical demand. Ineos says it continues to support monthly contract pricing for ethylene and propylene in Europe. Solutia...
- C2 up on tight supply. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/31/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 477, p26
Reports on the market trends in the chemical industry in Asia as of January 31, 2005. Reason for the increase in naphtha prices; Activity in the methanol market; Decline in ammonia prices.
- MARKET TRENDS & DATA. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/28/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 17, p44
The article presents information on market trends related to several chemicals. Japan's Nippon Oil Corp. is considering to cut its paraxylene (PX) production due to an increase in crude and naphtha prices. Prices of U.S. phosphate fertilizers have reached an all-time high in the export market...
- Benzene surges by $90-100. // Asian Chemical News;8/11/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 412, p28
Reports on the prices of benzene in Asian chemical market as of August 2003. Effect of benzene values on styrene prices; Closure of Nippon Oil for failure to implement regulatory practices; Factors that contributed to the increase in benzene prices.
- Japan C3 projects to spur exports. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;10/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 510, p25
This article focuses on the projects to improve the propylene production in Japan. The completion of three propylene projects by Nippon Oil over the next few years is expected to make Japan an even larger exporter of this important monomer. Nippon Oil has drawn up an ambitious plan to boost...
- Ethylene markets tight. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 408, p26
Presents the trends for several chemical markets in Asia as of July 14, 2003. Ethylene; Naphtha; Propylene; Butadiene; Methanol; Ammonia.
- Ethylene ends slide. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 440, p30
Presents information on prices of several chemicals as of April 5, 2004. Naphtha; Methanol; Ammonia.
- C2, C3 edging down. // Asian Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 461, p34
Reports on the market trends in the chemical industry as of September 2004. Reason behind the decrease in ethylene prices; Reasons for the increase in naphtha prices; Cause of the decrease in methanol prices.
- Sentiment mostly steady to bullish. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 498, p26
Presents an update on chemical products in Asia as of July 11, 2005. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Methanol; Ammonia. INSET: MIXED SENTIMENT IN ASIAN BUTADIENE MARKETS.