Japan at a crossroad
- BASF Exits the Lysine Businessâ€¦. // Chemical Week;4/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the decision of BASF to exit the lysine business. BASF has decided to quit the lysine business less than 10 years after it entered the sector. BASF will close a 100,000-million tonne/year lysine unit at Gunsan, Korea by mid-year with the loss of about 180 jobs. Exiting...
- Lanxess axes three plants. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/5/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the plan of Lanxess to close three of its manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Identification of the affected plants in the reorganization; Plan to consolidate its rubber business by the end of 2006; Number of jobs affected in the international reorganization of the company.
- NEW PROJECTS AND PERMANENT PLANT SHUTDOWNS. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/20/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 22, p27
Several charts are presented which depicts new projects and plant shutdowns, and indexes of new projects and plant shutdowns from February- April 2011, all related to chemical industry.
- MÃ¶lnlycke To Close Mexican Plant. // Nonwovens Industry;Jun2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the closure of the GÃ¶teborg, Sweden-based MÃ¶lnlycke Health Care converting facility in Juarez, Mexico, which is a manufacturer of single-use surgical and wound care solutions.
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/21/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 10, p8
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. The U.S. based group Lyondell Chemical Co. has filed a reorganization plan in a U.S. bankruptcy court to emerge from bankruptcy. Dow Chemical chairman Andrew Liveris says that the U.S. economy will recover slowly and the...
- Tata Chemicals to restructure European operations. // FRPT- Chemical Snapshot;11/24/2013, p3
The article reports on the plan of Tata Chemicals to restructure its European operations to reduce costs and realign its product portfolio with market demand. It plans to close its soda ash and calcium chloride factor at Winnington, England. Also, it will expand its sodium bicarbonate factory at...
- Lanxess to establish fine chemicals subsidiary. // European Chemical News;11/7/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2170, p8
This article reports on the changes that will take place in the operation of the chemicals business unit of Lanxess starting in 2006. The chemicals business unit of Lanxess will operate as a new company named Saltigo from the second quarter of 2006. The reorganisation will lead to the loss of...
- Aga to close 60 sites in restructuring program. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p17
Deals with Aga Chemicals Inc. closing its industrial gases plants as part of a restructuring and efficiency program. Job reductions in its cylinder and liquid gases operations; Focus on administrative and information technology improvements; Competitive edge of Aga in customer applications.
- PPG to Close Several Coatings and Glass Plants. Seewald, Nancy; Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;9/29/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 30, p8
The article reports that PPG Industries will close several Canadian, European, and U.S. manufacturing units as part of a reorganization plan that is expected to yield about $100 million in pretax annualized savings by the end of 2009. A pretax charge of about $160 million, or 65 cts/share, will...