China naphtha shortfall looms
- Naphtha consumption rose in FY12, petrochemical industry consumed more. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jun2012, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on the 4.8-percent rise in the consumption of naphtha in India, wherein the petrochemical industry has consumed more, during the fiscal year (FY) 2012.
- Brazilian government feels naphtha pressure. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/29/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p15
The article reports the decision of Brazilian companies in the plastics production chain to meet with Brazil's Ministry of Development to negotiate lower naphtha prices. Brazilian petrochemicals are expecting a 25% hike in naphtha prices in 2006. Petrobras, faced with supply problems, hiked...
- Feedstocks. Rangarajan, S. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;May2009, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p55
The article examines the forecasts for petrochemicals and their main derivatives given the changing gasoline and feedstock markets. In the author's view, the shortage of naphtha feedstock will not last. He cites the factors that influence the prediction that the petrochemical markets will become...
- Naphtha Volatility Stalls Ethylene Contract Talks. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p44
Reports that uncertainty about the direction of naphtha pricing has resulted in a standoff between European ethylene producers and buyers for ethylene contracts for the fourth quarter of 2002. Decline in ethylene contracts during the third quarter of 2002; Reason consumers are still targeting...
- Naphtha Is in Short Supply. Xuesong, Bai // China Chemical Reporter;1/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information related to the increasing demand for naphtha, one of the important oil products in China. In China, naphtha is mainly used to produce refining and chemical integrated complexes, such as ethylene and aromatics. As per statistics, the output of chemical light oil...
- chapter 4: Key Economic Sectors. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2006 2nd Quarter, p28
The article presents an overview on Poland's petrochemical industry and provides information about the possible privatization of some refineries.
- Global Petrochemicals Poised for Peak. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p9
Forecasts the condition of the global petrochemicals industry for 2004 and 2005. Factors contributing to the business forecast; Changes in the industry; Predicted oil prices.
- Market will awaken this year. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;2/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2040, p10
Forecasts the market recovery of the petrochemical industry of Europe in 2003, according to consultant Richard Sleep. Improvements in market conditions; Period for profit recovery; Performance of the industry in 2002.
- Petrochemical outlook. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;3/23/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p3
The article presents a forecast for the global petrochemical industry for 2015.