- Fiber makers seek extension. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/97, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p7
Reports that European Commission is considering extending and increasing the anti-dumping duties on polyester staple fiber exports by Taiwan and South Korea. Complaints of European Union (EU) polyester fiber producers to Taiwan and Korea; Effects of the exports.
- EU Commission decides not to act against PSF from three Asian countries. // Nonwovens Markets;10/22/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p7
The article reports that the European Commission, an executive body of the European Union will take no action against the importing of polyester staple fiber from several Asian countries including China, India and Vietnam.
- Antidumping: Brussels Slaps More Duties on Polyester... // Chemical Week;1/10/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the definitive antidumping duties introduced by the European Commission on imports of polyester staple fiber from India and Korea.
- No anti-dumping of polyester staple fibers. // Technical Textiles / Technische Textilen;Jun2007, Vol. 50 Issue 2, pE121
The article reports on the European Commission's dismissal of the anti-dumping duties on polyester fibers imported from Taiwan and Malaysia. European Union member states have agreed not to impose specific anti-dumping duties on imported polyester fibers. The Confederation of the German Textile...
- Brussels initiates two antidumping probes. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/3/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 17, p17
Reports on European Commission's initiation of antidumping investigations into imports of polyester yarn and furfuryl alcohol. Coverage of the investigations; QO Chemicals' complaint's against imports of furfuryl alcohol from China and Thailand.
- M&A in the Middle? Westervelt, Roberts // Chemical Week;11/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 36, p3
The author looks at the merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the chemical industry. He states that M&A activity has slowed in the chemical market due to a credit crunch and the reluctance by banks to fund further big deals. He cites the planned acquisition of Lyondell Chemical by Basell, as...
- newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p4
This section offers world news briefs on the chemical industry. Basell completed its acquisition of Lyondell Chemical and will rename the combined company, LyondellBasell Industries. State-owned oil company Ecopetrol agreed to purchase Propilco, the largest producer of polypropylene (PP) resins...
- Lyondell Gets EC Approval for Millennium Deal. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/14/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 24, p23
Reports on the reciept of approval from the European Commission by Lyondell Chemical Co. to acquire Millennium Chemicals Inc. in Europe.
- Lyondell: Waiting for the Upturn. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/9/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p47
Presents information on Lyondell Chemical. Financial information on the company; Key products of Lyondell; Outlook for the company.