- markets & economics. // Chemical Week;10/25/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 40, p47
Reports on chemical prices as of October 25, 2000. Factor affecting butadiene supply and prices in Europe; Increase in the prices of 2-ethylhexanoic acid implemented by Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik Corp. effective October 1, 2000; Increase in rubber black prices implemented by Degussa-Huls...
- pharmaceuticals & fine chemicals. // Chemical Week;12/14/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 42, p24
The article presents an update on the chemical industry as of December 14, 2005. Degussa introduced a novel filtration system that reduces the time necessary to remove metal-based impurities during production of active pharmaceutical ingredients. BASF has decided to increase prices worldwide for...
- Degussa Draws on High-Volume Products to Push up Margins. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the business plan of Degussa to become one of the world's most profitable specialty chemicals company by 2004. Challenges faced by the company on its plans; Increase in the sales of the core activities of the company; Performance of the specialty polymers division.
- Degussa Outlines Growth Plans for Feed Additives. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/17/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 45, p25
Focuses on the growth plans of Degussa for its feed additives business as of December 2003. Value of the business; Priorities of the company; Details on the methionine plant being constructed by the company.
- Degussa Aims to Double Asia-Pacific Sales by 2006. McPadden, Mike // Chemical Market Reporter;7/2/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the plan of the chemical company Degussa AG to increase its sales in the Asia-Pacific Region by 2006. Acquisition of the fine chemical company LePorte; Overview of chemical projects in China; Partnerships with local Chinese businessmen.
- Degussa head confirms ethos. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;1/13/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2035, p7
Reports the business plans of chemical company Degussa for 2003. Cuts in its capital spending; Divestments in the specialities market.
- BASF's THREE PILLARS OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY. // Industry Week/IW;May2009, Vol. 258 Issue 5, p17
The article presents BASF Corp.'s three pillars of energy efficiency which are cycle gas turbine power plants, energy-efficient processes, and Verbund. According to BASF, Verbund is the key component of an energy-efficient strategy. Among the company's six Verbund sites, the largest is found in...
- business In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/5/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 14, p30
Reports global developments in chemical industry as of April 5, 2004. Supply of proprietary ligands and homogeneous catalysts from Degussa AG to Strem Chemicals Inc.; Expansion of the distribution of circuit board technology by Rohm and Haas Electronic Materials; Change of the name of the...
- China: The new frontier. O'Driscoll, Cath // Chemical Market Reporter;6/12/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 23, p22
The article focuses on the interests of chemical companies to invest in China. Lonza Group Ltd. is planning to expand its operations in Guangzhou City. Degussa AG is in the process of making significant investments in the country because of China's excellent infrastructure and an extremely...