- Japan's new diet plan: slim down, ounce by ounce. Greimel, Hans // Automotive News;7/7/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6315, p3
The article reports that the automakers of Japan are making lighter cars a top priority to boost fuel economy and cut carbon emissions. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is leading the way by aiming to make its fleet 15% lighter on average than its 2005 level by 2015. Toyota Motor Corp. has made a committee...
- Automotive Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;April 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p7
Cites news items related to the automotive industry as of April 2003. Bridgestone's net profit for 2002; Plan of Toyota to sell its Lexus brand of cars in Japan; Plan of Japanese automakers Nissan, Mazda and Mitsubishi to reorganize domestic distribution networks in order to improve efficiency...
- Nominees Underscore Rapid Change. MURPHY, TOM // Ward's Auto World;Nov2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p29
The article focuses on the competition "Ward's 10 Best Engines" for 2013. It states that 41 engines from automobile makers including Mitsubishi, Nissan and Toyota are being evaluated for the competition. It mentions that upgraded engines from companies such as General Motors, Mazda and Ford, are...
- Car Rental Industry Profile: Japan. // Car Rental Industry Profile: Japan;Oct2005, p1
Presents a profile of the Car Rental industry in Japan. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry;...
- Automobile Manufacturers in Japan. // Automobile Manufacturers Industry Profile: Japan;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Automobile Manufacturers industry in Japan. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in...
- New Car Sales Industry Profile: Australia. // New Car Sales Industry Profile: Australia;Oct2005, p1
Presents a profile of the New Cars industry in Australia. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- NEW CARS. Chaikin, Don // Popular Mechanics;Apr2007, Vol. 184 Issue 4, p47
The article presents information on several cars that were displayed at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. Mazda Ryuga from Mazda Motor Corp. is a RX sports car. Nissan Bevel is a multiuse vehicle from Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Toyota FT-HS is a hybrid car from Toyota...
- Asia spy report. Oldham, Scott // Popular Mechanics;Aug97, Vol. 174 Issue 8, p32
Provides information on various vehicles from automobile industries in Asia such as Mazda, Nissan and Toyota. Descriptions and features of the cars; Price range of the vehicles.
- Late news. Chappell, Lindsay; Treece, James B.; Stoffer, Harry; Henry, Jim; Ostle, Dorothee // Automotive News;4/9/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5924, p1
Reports on developments related to the car industry as of April 9, 2001. Nissan's plan to produce a minivan at its car factory in Canton, Mississippi; Mazda Motor Corp.'s plan to purchase the distribution rights of its cars in England.