The Dog That Didn't Bark, Imperial Water, I Love L.A., and Other Tales From the California Takings Litigation Front
- LOS ANGELES FILES CLAIM AGAINST BUILDER OF ABANDONED SCHOOL. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/10/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the Los Angeles, California, Unified School District's lawsuit against Temple Beaudry Partners in connection with its work in the Belmont Learning Complex. Design-build agreement signed between the district and the company for the project; Reasons behind the decision to abandon the...
- Suit Says U.S. Bank Failed to Fix Foreclosed Homes. Berry, Kate // American Banker;7/18/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 110, p2
The article discusses a civil lawsuit filed by the city of Los Angeles, California against U.S. Bank that accuses the bank of neglecting foreclosed properties, evicting renters illegally, and adding to neighborhood blight. The city is seeking reimbursement for repair and inspection of problem...
- U.S. Bank's Davis Takes Hard Line Against L.A. Barba, Robert // American Banker;7/19/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 111, p1
The article discusses the second-quarter 2012 financial performance of and a lawsuit against U.S. Bancorp which is charged with not keeping foreclosed properties repaired which led to neighborhood blighting. The bank's chief executive officer Richard Davis says the lawsuit filed by the city of...
- Suit Triggers Debate Over Building on Seismic Fault. Zeman, Nicholas // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/7/2013, Vol. 271 Issue 14, p10
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the organization Stop the Millennium Hollywood Project against the city of Los Angeles in California to prevent the construction of the planned 4.7-acre complex in the Hollywood district. The lawsuit claims that the development sits dangerously close...
- Allegretti & Co. v. County of Imperial. Smith, Cort MacBeth // Urban Lawyer;Winter2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p165
The article discusses the legal provisions which led to the decision of the court in the case "Allegretti & Co.(owners) v. County of Imperial" in California. The legal conflict emanated when the owners sued the County claiming inverse condemnation regarding an ordinance that places restriction...
- Suit aims to block L.A. County closures. Kertesz, Louise; Goldstein, Marc Alan // Modern Healthcare;9/4/95, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p20
Reports on the filing of a federal class-action suit to halt Los Angeles County's plan to close most of its outpatient facilities and slash hospital outpatient services. Basis of the lawsuit; Submission of bids from private providers; Support from the Department of Health Services.
- Police chief sues city for releasing file to newspaper. // Editor & Publisher;12/9/95, Vol. 128 Issue 49, p21
Reports on the lawsuit filed against the city of Los Angeles, by police chief, Willie L. Williams. Reasons; Cost; Details.
- Occidental Settles on Handling Sex Assaults. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Nov2013, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p5
Occidental College in Los Angeles, California had agreed to settle with several former and current students who accused the school of mishandling their allegations of sex assault.
- Stage set in L.A. for lewd law fight. // Advocate;1/3/73, Issue 102, p3
Reports that Irwin J. Nibron, Municipal judge of Los Angeles, California has put over a full-scale hearing on a defense demurrer challenging the constitutionality of Penal Code Section 647(a). Subpoena for Police Chief, Edward Davis sought by Al Gordon, a consulting attorney for HELP Inc.;...