The Death of Regulatory Takings
- PREFACE. Krompass, LeElle B. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Winter2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, preceding p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Douglas Ginsburg on antitrust law, one by Robert Bird on eminent domain law, and another by Richard Esenberg on the Supreme Court's decision in FEC v. Wisconsin Right to Life Inc.
- Eminent domain. Patel, Purushottam H. // Appraisal Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p91
Explores the complexities associated with the issue of eminent domain by Taking; Compensation; Inverse condemnation; Types of taking.
- Appraisal methods and regulatory takings: New directions for appraisers, judges, and economists. Walter, William S. // Appraisal Journal;Jul95, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p331
Explores the application of appraisal, economic and financial analysis by courts in takings cases. Explanation of four economic factors used by courts; Court opinion screening methodology; Criticisms in current application of diminution in fair market value methodology; Alternative...
- Property takings grab lawmakers attention. Johnson, Alan // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/19/97, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p9
Presents information on `takings' which are of emphasis in the General Assembly in Columbus, Ohio, due to the debate by state legislators of property takings by the government. Continuous debate over how to deregulate the state electric industry; What is included in deregulation; Comments from...
- An essay on takings. Innes, Robert // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1995 1st Quarter, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the economic arguments about the application of the takings clause and relates these arguments to the Supreme Court decisions `Lucas v. South Carolina Coastal Council' and `Dolan v. City of Tigard'. Legal landscape; Economic efficiency; Issues of distribution or fairness; Government...
- Cattle Raisers: Special Session Should Include Eminent Domain. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);6/17/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the call for the inclusion of eminent domain to the list of issues that should be discussed by the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raiser Association (TSCRA) to Governor Rick Perry if the legislature will call for a special session.
- The mall's expanding and you're evicted. Mansnerus, Laura // U.S. News & World Report;09/15/97, Vol. 123 Issue 10, p43
Examines the saga in Hurst, Texas, a suburb of Fort Worth, where the local government had to choose between a few hundred of its citizens and its biggest taxpayer, the North East Mall, which wanted to expand. The legal battle, proposed by angry homeowners, over whether a city can condemn sound...
- Florida: Developers lobby for bill. Elder, Maria K. // Planning;Mar94, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the takings bill pushed by real estate, agricultural and home owners sectors in Florida. Bill provisions; Apprehensions of concerned sectors; Plans to form a coalition to fight the bill.
- Washington: Possible mischief afoot. // Planning;Mar94, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the possible harmful consequences of a takings bill, S. 6167, in the state of Washington. Provisions; Position paper endorsed by the American Planning Association (APA) chapter in the state; Recommendations and suggestions.