19-Year-Old Man With Chest Pain, Fever, and Vomiting
- The yield, safety and prognostic value of myocardial perfusion imaging with positron emission tomography for risk stratification of high risk chest pain patients. Suliman, I.; AlJizeeri, A.; Naseem, M.; Naveed, M.; AlZaibag, M.; Al-Mallah, M. // Journal of Nuclear Cardiology;Apr2015, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p396
No abstract available.
- Study of Risk Factors Affecting the Survival Rate of Emergency Victims with "Chest Pain" as Chief Complaint. Jena, Biranchi N.; Kadithi, Adibabu // Indian Journal of Community Medicine;Oct2009, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p293
Research Question: What are the risk factors affecting the survival of emergency victims with chest pain as chief complaint. Objectives: 1. To find out the relative risk of different risk factors. 2. To find out whether the association between survival rate and various sociodemographic variables...
- Case of the Month #145. Doody, Orla; Buckley, Orla; Ward, Emily; Wormald, Robert; Torreggiani, William C. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p285
The article seeks comments on the clinical case of a woman hospitalized with a four-day history of pleuritic chest pain, dyspnoea and a one-day history of haemoptysis. The patient was earlier taking anti-inflammatory medication for the problem of headache and sore throat. Diagnosis revealed that...
- Aortic pseudoaneurysm due to piercing ring injury. Croccia, Maria Grazia; Levantino, Maurizio; Cioni, Roberto; Bortolotti, Uberto // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p378
The article presents a case study of a 43-year-old man who suffering from chest pain and fever.
- One Patient's Puzzling Case of Pneumonia. Fields, Ronald // Cortlandt Forum;1/25/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p40
Presents a case of an old white women with pleuritic chest pain. Complaints of fever and chills; Cause of mild respiratory distress; Increase of tactile fremitus.
- ENDGAMES. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;12/12/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7734, p1383
Several quizzes are presented about medicine including the case of an 11-year-old boy with chest pain and fever and local warming of the lower arm for patients with leukaemia who required chemotherapy.
- Critical first steps in cardiac emergencies. Ornato, Joseph P.; Scarpinato, Len; Zimetbaum, Peter; Kaplan, Deborah // Patient Care;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
Presents information on the management of cardiac emergencies in medical care. Risk of cardiac emergencies for patients who underestimate potentially serious symptoms; Significance of electrocardiography in determining the source of acute cardiac symptoms; Need to assume that chest pain in an...
- Bacak aÄŸrÄ±sÄ±yla karakterize akut aort diseksiyonu. Akgün, Feride Sinem; Turtay, Muhammet Gökhan; Dişli, Olcay Murat; Oğuztürk, Hakan; Doğan, Metin // Genel Tip Dergisi;Dec2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p155
Objective: Classically, aortic dissection presents as sudden, severe pain in the chest, back, or abdomen that is ripping or tearing in nature. Case report: In this case report, we aimed to present a 69 years old male patient admitted to our emergency department due to pain in the right leg and...
- Hamman sign. Graham, Colin A.; Ong, Yin S. // CJEM: Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine;Jan2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p63
The article presents a case study of an 18-year old student who was presented to the emergency department with a pleuritic central chest pain. The patient's physical examination found a crunching noise that was synchronous with systole and subcutaneous emphysema in the right supraclavicular...