Firefighter Aid Is Key Factor in Reports
- Colo. Department Takes Democratic Approach to Chief Selection. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/31/2011, p4
The article reports on the Peyton, Colorado Department fire district democratic approach on considering volunteers to select their chief executive. It says that the move could support the department that has six chief in six years. It also mentions that captain Sharon Brown will serve as an...
- Using the SOC process to assess crew size, response time needs. LeDuc, Todd // Fire Chief Expert Blog;11/19/2013, p2
The article focuses on the use of standard-of-cover (SOC) process to assess crew size and response time needs on the fireground. It presents questions based on the Powell Doctrine pertaining to the knowledge of fire officers about the tasks required on the fireground for each type of risk and...
- NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. Despain, Micheal // Fire Chief;Apr2010, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p27
The article focuses on the growing trend in the fire service to integrate civilians into the function of full-time fire-service trainers. It reveals that civilians have been used for administrative assistance and clerical support since the beginning of the organized training division. For a few...
- MOTIVATING COMPANY OFFICERS. Holliday, Scott // Fire Engineering;Feb2004, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p126
Offers tips on how to motivate company officers. Factors that motivate the individual firefighter; Fire officer's need to determine what motivational factors he can actually influence; Need to constantly challenge members in training; Assignment of different riding positions and tasks to allow...
- Fire Chief - Marin County, California. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/31/2012, p2
The article reports on the search by the Marin County Fire Department in San Francisco, California of a progressive leader who can handle cultural, racial and gender diversity in the workplace. The department has three divisions, namely, Fire Suppression, Emergency Medical Services and...
- Here Come the Firefighters! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p2
Provides information on firefighters.
- MEET A FIREFIGHTER. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2 (Teacher's Edition);Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p7
Presents a guide to teaching about firefighter.
- HEAT WAVE. DOUGLAS, KRISTEN // Editor & Publisher;Jun2012, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p16
A photograph of a fire drill conducted by Campbell River firefighters, British Columbia, is presented.
- 19 firefighters die in Ariz. wildfire (with related video). // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/ 1/2013, p1
The article reports on the death of 19 members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots of the Fire Department of Prescott, Arizona who were trying to put out the Yarnell Hill Fire.