- DECORATED LEADER. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Oct2007, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p46
The article announces that Russell Tarver has received the 2007 Career Chief of the Year award from "Fire Chief."
- THE QUIET CHIEF. Markley, Rick // Fire Chief;Oct2007, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p43
The article announces that Michael Varney has received the 2007 Fire Chief of the Year award in the volunteer and combination department category from "Fire Chief."
- NLV CHAMBER LOSES ITS MAIN MAN. MILLER, VALERIE // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/18/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 16, pP5
The article announces that Michael Varney has resigned as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the North Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce in Nevada.
- Mike Varney named Vice President of Marketing/Communications. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/28/97, Vol. 14 Issue 17, The Business Voice p6
No abstract available.
- Cost, coverage will be key to public-safety adoption of FirstNet, state officials say. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;7/16/2015, p1
The article focuses on the IWCE's Urgent Communications' State of the States webinar series sponsored by General Dynamics Mission Systems. Jackie Mines, the single point of contact (SPOC) for the state of Minnesota, said during the webinar that coverage is really important to more rural areas....
- Fire Chief - Stockton, California. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/7/2012, p1
The article announces the search of the city of Stockton in California for a fire chief in 2012.
- How white is your helmet? Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p6
Opinion. Discusses the ideal fire chief. Changing image and nature of the job; Views regarding fire chiefs not being involved in actual fire-fighting events; Fire service's need for a chief providing both field and administrative leadership; List of qualities of a model fire chief.
- Fire Chief -- City of Littleton, Colo. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/17/2013, p2
The article announces the search for a fire chief at the City of Littleton, Colorado.
- The dual obligation: The organization vs. our people. Angione, Charles R. // Fire Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p159
Focuses on the dual obligation of a fire officer to the fire department and the citizens he or she serves. Officers' obligation to subordinates; Possibility of conflict between the separate obligations to one's superiors and subordinates; Importance of doing one's duty without subverting the truth.