Scholastic Posts Record Second Quarter Sales And Income
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;3/31/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the increase in Scholastic Inc.'s educational publishing revenue during its third quarter ended February 28, 2003.
- Scholastic Generates Modest Gains in Ed Publishing in First Half of FY 2008. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the modest increase in the revenue of the educational publishing segment of New York-based publishing company Scholastic Inc. for 2008. It notes that the division which focuses on intervention materials centered on the reorganization of its sales force and educational...
- Scholastic Q2 Revenue Falls 2.1% Despite Technology Gains. // Electronic Education Report;1/12/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p7
The article presents the revenue report of Scholastic Publishing in New York City. The company's revenue decreases by 2.1% to $97.2 million in the second quarter of its fiscal 2007 that ended November 30 as compared from the same quarter of 2006. The revenue profited from the sales of its three...
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;1/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the financial performance of two U.S. educational publishers. New York-based Scholastic Inc.; Tinley Park, Illinois-based Goodheart-Willcox Publishers.
- Scholastic Education Q2 Revenue Rises 8%; Profits Jump 55%. // Educational Marketer;1/10/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p7
The article presents a report on the financial results of the U.S.-based educational publisher Scholastic Inc. It is reported that the educational publishing revenue of the company increased 8.3% to $94.5 million in the second quarter of its fiscal 2005, ended November 30, 2004. Further,...
- Scholastic Profits Down In Q3; Education Unit Improves On Read 180, Classroom Libraries Sales. // Electronic Education Report;4/2/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p1
Education businesses at Scholastic Inc. (New York) were a bright spot in a disappointing third quarter of fiscal 2004, ended February 28. Strong revenue and profit growth in Educational Publishing, School Book Clubs and International units, and progress in School Book Fairs, could not offset...
- Scholastic Turns A Profit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 29, p9
The article reports on the net earnings of the book company, Scholastic Inc., in the fiscal year ended May 31, 2010. The company has achieved net earnings of 56.1million dollars, and its sales has increased by 3% because of the growth in the educational publishing group, as well as in...
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;06/12/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p8
Presents updates on educational publishing in the United States as of June 12, 2000, including the services agreement between Scholastic Inc. and Yahoo! Inc.
- Scholastic Q1 Revenues Up 98%; Educational Unit Sales Rise 65%. // Educational Marketer;10/09/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p6
Reports on Scholastic Inc., the publisher of the `Harry Potter' book series.