- Harcourt's Education Business Jumps To Top Of Simba's Educational Publishers' Profitability Index. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p1
Reports the profitability of combined K-12 and college units of Harcourt in educational publishing in the U.S. Information based on the Simba Information 2000 Educational Publisher Profitability Index; Revenue of the Harcourt General education business; Significance of the elementary science...
- Research Librarians Ask Justice Department To Block Harcourt Sale. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p3
Reports that the Association of Research Libraries has asked the United States Department of Justice to block the sale of Harcourt General to Reed-Elsevier and Thomson Corp.
- Harcourt General's Strategies To Boost Shareholder Value Include Possible Sale. // Electronic Education Report;07/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p5
Focuses on the efforts of Harcourt General to seek strategic alternatives to increase shareholder value in Maine. Possibility for the sale of the company; Account on electronic offerings and availability of online activities; Revenues generated by the company; List of publishing operations;...
- Reed Looks for Harcourt Buyer. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the decision of Reed Elsevier to sell Harcourt Education for at least $3 billion. Reed Elsevier acquired Harcourt Education in 2001 as part of its purchase of Harcourt General. Harcourt Education earns $1.6 billion in revenue and $237 million in operating profits. A...
- K-12 Education Group Leads Harcourt 2000 Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;12/18/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the revenue growth of K-12 Education Group at Harcourt General in the fourth quarter of 2000.
- Harcourt sets $200 mil buyback. Peers, Martin // Variety;3/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 6, p66
Reports on Harcourt General Inc.'s plan to buy back its own stock. Harcourt's cash reserves; Harcourt as possible buyer of NBC and CBS.
- School units led Harcourt Bruce in 1993. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/21/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the operating income of Harcourt General for 1993. Percentage increase from earnings in 1992; Sales from elementary schools; Success of the `Treasury of Literature' reading program; Sales from secondary school group; Sales from the college group.
- Acquisitions a top priority for Harcourt General. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/7/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 45, p12
Reports on Harcourt General's acquisitions in the publishing industry. Investment of $800 million in cash; Dick Morgan as chairman; Outlook of Harcourt for 1995.
- Harcourt General to spin off theatre unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/20/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 38, p8
Reports on Harcourt General's spin off of its theatre operations. Operation of the General Cinema Theatres to be managed by GC Companies; Ownership and share of stocks; Timetable.