- Window on financial developments in chemical industries. Suresh Thakur Desai // Chemical Business;Oct2007, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p11
This section offers news briefs on the financial developments in chemical industries in India as of October 2007. Indiastar (Mauritius) fund, which is a private investor, has acquired 18.5 per cent stake in IOL Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, formerly known as Industrial Organics Ltd. Punjab...
- Pharma Intermediates: M&A Frenzy Takes Hold. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;5/31/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 19, p33
The article discusses the aggressiveness of Indian companies in acquiring of Western custom fine chemical firms. The acquisitive activity of Indian pharmaceutical manufacturing companies have increased dramatically in recent months, spurred by the desire to expand into the European and U.S....
- Mocie to fire-safety check two more complexes. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;10/27/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 421, p10
Reports on the plan of the South Korean Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy to extend its planned fire-safety checks at chemical and oil companies in Yeochun to two petrochemical and refinery complexes in Daesan and Ulsan. List of companies in the Yeochun, Daesan and Ulsan areas;...
- Pic of the month. // Works Management;Aug2011, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p6
A photograph is presented depicting a chemical fire which sent exploding aerosols rocketing towards nearby cars and buildings in Crewe, England.
- Wisconsin Gas eases town's recovery from train explosion. Hilliker, Carrie // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr97, Vol. 224 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the emergency management of fire and police departments and public utilities in Wisconsin after an explosion of propane liquid gas carried by an 81-car freight train on a Wisconsin Central Ltd. railroad on March 4, 1996. Occurrence of explosion near the Wisconsin Gas natural gas gate...
- Punjab Chemical acquires IAIC Chem. // Chemical Business;Mar2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p69
Reports on the acquisition of crop protection company IAIC Chem by agrochemical company Punjab Chemicals and Crop Protection Ltd. in Mumbai, India. Advisor for the transaction; Range of products offered by IAIC, including industrial sulphur powder; List of multinational corporations which are...
- Chlorine. // CIREC Monthly News;8/16/2013, Issue 273, p19
The article offers information related to chlorine market in Russia from January to June 2013. It says that caustic soda consumption has declined by 2.6% in the first half of 2013 compared in 2012 while production decreases by 3% in the first six months. It mentions that holding company Renova...
- A Fatal Fire with 'Nonflammable' Methyl Chloroform. de Nevers, Noel // Archives of Environmental Health;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 41 Issue 5
Examines the properties of nonflammable methyl chloroform. Factors leading to the death of a welder; Belief on the inability of the material to burn; Display of vapor combustibility.
- Chinese hills are chronic smokers. // Current Science;1/7/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the efforts of firefighters and scientists to contain the coal fires in Ningxia, China.