- Implementation of Backcasting in a Development Project in Nepal: The Role of the Transition Manager. Wieners, Eva; Pradhan, Pushkar; Neuburger, Martina; Schickhoff, Udo // International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Soc;2015, Vol. 11, p35
In order to make development cooperation more accountable, projects have become increasingly outputfocused during the last decade. However, this can limit the focus of a project and restrict the role of the project manager and thus make it difficult to use synergy effects. This can reduce...
- OSHA $100,000 CLUB OF SAFETY CITATIONS. // EHS Today;Jul2009, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p57
The article reports on the proposed penalties of $100,000 or more by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for the failure of protect industrial workers from any hazards in the U.S. It also includes the avoidance or mitigated by personal protective equipment (PPE)....
- Economic and social value of recreational facilities in urban areas by using Travel Cost Method (Case study: Amirkola Urban Park, Mazandaran Province, Iran). Mokhtari, Reza; Hosseinifar, Seyed Mohsen // European Online Journal of Natural & Social Sciences;Dec2013, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p549
One cannot ignore the importance and role of parks and urban green space in providing the lost relief and welfare of people in industrial and civil life today as its importance and value is increasing day by day. Environment is regarded as a very valuable property form economic point of view...
- Indicadores de sustentabilidade organizacional: estudo em um shopping center no estado do ParÃ¡. Rodrigues de Abreu, Saluana; Quadros Borges, Fabricio // Revista de Economia e AdministraÃ§Ã£o;out-dez2013, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p480
This paper analyzes the sustainability of actions taken at a shopping center located in BelÃ©m, state of ParÃ¡. The methodology involved a survey of literature and documentary data, as well as direct observation and interviews with the managers of the organization studied. With the use of...
- INDUSTRIAL POLICY: SYSTEMIC-STRUCTURAL CHARACTERISTIC. Karlina, E. P.; Dubinina, N. A. // St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University Journal. Economics;2015, Vol. 216 Issue 2, p36
To determine the essence of the concept of industrial policy a system paradigm is used, which allowed presenting it in the form of specific patterns and identify the components. Interaction of subjects and objects of industrial policy is studied based on complex tools, goals, appropriate for...
- Suschem projects need broad support. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/11/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 9, p21
The article considers the impact of Europe's Suschem sustainable chemistry research initiative on the chemical industry and on institutions under the European Union. The funding sources of the initiative are identified. The advantages of the initiative to the chemistry and biology-based...
- Standards Updates: Z117.1, Confined Spaces & Z87.1, Eye and Face Protection. // Professional Safety;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the results of the public review of the Z117.1 draft industrial safety standard in the United States. Ongoing review of public comments; Potential impact of the standard on the members of the American Society of Safety Engineers.
- HSC consults on safety norms. // Colourage;Jan2001, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p82
Reports on the Health and Safety Commission's publication of a consultative document on the proposed changes to the approved list of occupational exposure limits relating to potentially harmful substances in the workplace in India.
- SIB principles for regulatory rulebooks. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p48
Highlights the incorporation of safety investigation board (SIB) principles in regulatory rulebooks in Great Britain.