Good neighbor policy
- Sandman says: It's ugly, but it's safe. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan1996, Vol. 197 Issue 1, p16F
Reports on the suggested formula of Peter M. Sandman for managing risk in the mineral industries. Speech made by Sandman at the National Mining Association's (NMA) Communications Conference; Outrage reduction as a good business; Method of reducing outrage.
- Surveys tap risk managers' insights. Shapiro, Stacy // Business Insurance;4/24/95, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p132
Reports on the results of a survey to identify the reasons why companies spend resources on risk management in Great Britain. Reduction of cost associated with employee, consumer and third party injury; Reduction of cost associated with liability claims. INSET: AIRMIC draws 700 to annual meeting..
- Public perception and social network analysis for coastal risk management in Maresme Sud (Barcelona, Catalonia). Roca, Elisabet; Villares, Míriam; Oroval, Laia; Gabarró, Adrián // Journal of Coastal Conservation (Springer Science & Business Med;Oct2015, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p693
Understanding the governance system, stakeholder relationships and perceptions of coastal landscape risk is essential to improving the sustainability of coastal environments. Our main objective was to analyse social networks for the Maresme Sud coastal area in Catalonia and examine public...
- Good e-coverage is hard to find: Survey. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;6/18/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p19
Reports that risk managers in Great Britain are unable to find adequate insurance coverage for reputation risks. Results of a survey of the Association of Insurance & Risk Managers; Potential risks arising from e-commerce operations of companies.
- Reducing Uncertainty. Allen, Chris // Public Roads;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p34
The article throws light on risk factors and its management in transportation construction projects and that megaprojects offer unique challenges for risk management. Examples of Woodrow Wilson Bridge connecting Maryland and Virginia, spanning the Potomac River just south of Washington DC. and...
- Poll of the month We askedâ€¦. // Financial Management;Jun2011, p16
The article presents the results of a public opinion poll concerning the revision of companies' risk management processes in response to economic and geopolitical crisis.
- Understanding the Risk: What Frightens Rarely Kills. Sandman, Peter // Nieman Reports;Spring2007, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p59
The article presents a speech by Peter Sandman, a Risk Communication consultant, delivered at The Next Big Health Crisis and How to Cover It conference held from November 30 to December 2, 2006. According to Sandman, the correlation in risk perception is low. He mentioned that the public, on the...
- Moral hazard. // Essential Economics;2004, p177
A definition of the term "moral hazard" which means that people with insurance may take greater risks than they would do without it because they know they are protected is presented.
- External factors driving risk management in Europe. ZOLKOS, RODD // Business Insurance;10/29/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 42, p0020
The article discusses the factors that affect risk management in European businesses, based on the 2012 Risk Management Benchmarking Survey. The poll stated that 61 percent of risk managers stated legal, regulatory or compliance standards as the primary external risk management factors, while...