Methyl ethyl ketone
- Solvents suffer from slack demand. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/11/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2155, p24
Presents an update on the performance of several solvents in the European market for the third quarter of 2005. Acetone; Methyl ethyl ketone; Trichloroethylene; Methylene chloride. INSET: ACETONE'S ASCENT COMES TO ABRUPT END.
- EPA Accepting Comments on Proposal to Delete MEK from Toxic-Pollutant List. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the proposal of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding deletion of methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) solvent from the agency's list of hazardous air pollutants. Basis for the agency's decision; Acceptance of written comments on the proposal by EPA; Description of MEK.
- Solvents plummet from lofty levels. Agarwal, Anu; Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;6/20/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 494, p19
Provides a review of the Asian solvents markets as of May 2005. Factors which caused the decline in regional prices for acetone; Comparison of methyl butyl ketone prices in November 2004 and May 2005; Price of isopropyl alcohol in May 2005; Performance of methyl isobutyl ketone until May 2005.
- MIBK. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p38
The article presents information on methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK). The chemical is an excellent solvent for resins used in the production of surface coatings. It is also widely used in rubber chemicals for the production of tyres, as a solvent in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals and adhesives...
- Synthesis and Properties of Substituted 2-Amino-5-nitrosobenzylamines. Semichenko, E.; Gavrilova, N.; Suboch, G. // Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry;Jan2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p54
Substituted nitrosobenzylamines were synthesized by cyclocondensation of hydroxyimino-ï¿½-diketones with 4-dialkylamino-2-butanones.
- The Right Tool for the Job. // Light Plane Maintenance;Jun2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p2
The article focuses on failures that could result from using the wrong cleaning tool for maintenance. The author says that sticking lifter issues can result from the use of solvent that leaves a residue such as mineral spirits or Stoddard. It adds that using naphtha with methyl ethyl ketone...
- Volatile Components of Sapodilla Fruit ( Manilkara achras L.). Pino, Jorge A.; Marbot, Rolando; Aguero, Juan // Journal of Essential Oil Research;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p374
The volatile components of sapodilla fruit, which were isolated by simultaneous steam distillation/solvent extraction with diethyl ether, were identified by a combination of retention indices and GC/MS. Sixty-nine constituents were identified in the aroma concentrate, from which methanethiol...
- Intermittent trickling bed filter for the removal of methyl ethyl ketone and methyl isobutyl ketone. Farnazo, Danvir; Nisola, Grace; Han, Mideok; Yoo, Namjong; Chung, Wook-Jin // Bioprocess & Biosystems Engineering;May2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p579
Biodegradations of methyl ethyl ketone and methyl isobutyl ketone were performed in intermittent biotrickling filter beds (ITBF) operated at two different trickling periods: 12 h/day (ITBF-12) and 30 min/day (ITBF-0.5). Ralstonia sp. MG1 was able to degrade both ketones as evidenced by growth...
- METHYL ETHER KETONE. // Chemical Week;1/17/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 2, p26
The article focuses on the worldwide market performance of methyl ether ketone (MEK) as of January 2007. According to Elvira Greiner, consultant at SRI Consulting, worldwide methyl ether ketone capacity is about 1.4 million m.t./year, more than half of which is in Japan, Western Europe, and the...