CTB Wins Indiana K-8 Tests
- Ind. Governor, School Chief Spar Over Test Program. Cohen, Deborah L. // Education Week;11/1/1989, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p15
The article reports on the argument between Indiana's Democratic Governor and Republican schools chief over the state's student-testing program and its role in measuring school performance. The state panel has indicated that the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress aims too much...
- Indiana Moves to Shake Up Testing System. McNeil, Michele // Education Week;11/8/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p18
The article is about education in the U.S. state of Indiana, where schools are changing how and when it tests students in accordance with the state's board of education. The board approved an assessment system that is supposed to be less expensive for the state and shorter for students. It would...
- Indiana Test Glitches Did Not Hurt Scores. HEROLD, BENJAMIN // Education Week;8/7/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses the impact of a 2013 computer glitch on the computer-based state tests in Indiana called the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus (ISTEP+), administered by the testing vendor CTB/McGraw-Hill, with comments by schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz.
- Pearson, CTB, ETS Benefit Most From $1B In Testing Contracts Awarded In 2005. // Educational Marketer;1/16/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the one-billion-dollar testing contracts awarded in the U.S in 2005. The last 2005 contract was in Colorado, which last month awarded a five-year contract to CTB/McGraw-Hill to administer the state's Colorado Student Assessment Program. The only other testing firm to...
- CTB/McGraw-Hill and Harcourt Assessment Gain State Testing Contracts in Q1. // Educational Marketer;3/19/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the state assessment contracts won by CTB/McGraw in Missouri and Harcourt Assessment in Arkansas for the first quarter of 2006. CTB was given the annual renewable contract to supervise the Missouri Assessment Program which will cover communication arts, math and science in...
- Did Ballard jump gun on charter closure? Wall, J.K. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/27/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p8A
The article reports that 62% of the middle school students at Fountain Square Academy in Indianapolis, which was marked for closure by Mayor Greg Ballard have passed the English portion of the standardized Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress (ISTEP) tests.
- KEEPING SCORE. Schwarb, Amy Wimmer // Indianapolis Monthly;Sep2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p70
The article presents information on the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress (ISTEP) which is graded at the test-scoring center for CTB/McGraw-Hill, a division of the McGraw-Hill Cos. It states that tests from as many as 22 states have been graded at this facility, including...
- CTB Unveils New Online Assessment System. // Educational Marketer;7/8/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p6
Announces the release of an online assessment system by academic test developer Monterey, California-based CTB/McGraw-Hill. Alignment of Web-based software with curriculum standards; Online writing assessment; Capacity for science and social studies testing.
- Error Affects Test Results In Six States. Viadero, Debra; Blair, Julie // Education Week;09/29/99, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the error on the percentile rankings of New York City, New York students who took the TerraNova tests of CTB/McGraw-Hill. States affected by the error; Why the consequences of the error were particularly serious in New York City; Purpose of the tests in Nevada.