College Pubs Cooperate on New Digital Text Sampling
- Psychology Textbook Sales Up 16.6% in 2005; Market Share Relatively Steady for Top 10 Publishers. // Educational Marketer;8/21/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the recent growth on the total sales for new and used college psychology textbooks in the U.S. According to the data carried out by the Monument Information Resource, the total sales have been estimated an increase of 16.6 percent to $427.8 million in 2005 basing from...
- Which Text Gets Published? Barcomb, Wayne // Education Digest;Apr1964, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p32
The article focuses on the role of a publisher in textbook publishing in the U.S. The publisher has a responsibility to stockholders and others who have expressed faith in his financial acumen. The publisher must make judgments as to which books he will publish and which he will pass over. The...
- A New Generation of History Textbooks. Sewall, Gilbert T.; Emberling, Stapley W. // Society;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p78
The article discusses the historical standards of textbooks published for educational purposes since the release of the controversial national history standards in late 1994, in the United States. Development of this new generation of history textbooks has been adopted by various states...
- News Briefs …. // Educational Marketer;11/24/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p7
The article offers news briefs related to education in the U.S. including the plan of Redding, California-based Horizon Textbook Publishing to release the fifth edition of the book "Understanding American Government" in January 2009, the launch of an online version of the Stanford 10 achievement...
- AAP Reports High School Sales Leap, Elementary Sales Climb More Slowly. // Educational Marketer;05/21/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p3
Provides information on the sales status of high school instructional material in March 2001, according to the American Association of Publishers' Monthly Domestic Sales Report.
- Higher Returns Decrease College Instructional Sales, AAP Reports. // Educational Marketer;05/21/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p7
Provides information on the sales status of college instructional materials in March 2001, according to the monthly sales report of the Association of American Publishers.
- Pearson Education Leads K-12 Publishers in 2001. // Educational Marketer;6/10/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the total sales of K-12 instructional materials in 2001.
- Balmoral makes its mark. // Travel Weekly (UK);12/15/2006, p18
The article reports on the plan of Triton to send out exclusive cruise deals that will be available through its 50 members to 20,000 customers in January 2007. The measure is part of the joint marketing and training scheme across the Advantage, Worldwidechoice and Global Travel Group consortia...
- January Is Slow Start to Year; PreK-12 Sales Decline 18.7%. // Educational Marketer;4/2/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the developments surrounding the K-12 publishing sales performance. Sales were down by double digits in all categories in both adoption states and open territories. Total basal net sales declined 21% to $41.4 million from $52.3 million in January 2006. Furthermore, total...