Metalcutting Automation: Some Considerations
- Stamping companies feeling big 3's demand. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;6/24/96, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the impact of automobile manufacturers' demand for additional design and development responsibilities on automotive stamping companies. Decline in operating income; Possibility of failures and a faster rate of industry consolidation; Increase in employee turnover.
- Material Wars: Who's going to win the automotive metals race? Paratore, David // Designfax;11/17/2015, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "Material Wars: Who's going to win the automotive metals race?" by David Paratore, which appeared in the July 9, 2015 issue of "Industry Week" journal, is presented.
- BYU process may hold key to building lighter cars. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/22/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 49, p4
The article focuses on friction bit joining, a method of joining dissimilar metals developed by faculty members at Brigham Young University (BYU), cited to have the potential of helping automakers obtain the 54.5 miles per gallon average the EPA is mandating for U.S. fleets by 2025.
- Uncovering the sheetmetal. // AutoWeek;08/24/98, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p4
Presents information on the automobile industry in the United States, highlighting the demand for sheetmetal by manufacture. Details on various automobiles; Features of some automobiles; Description of the automobile industry in the United States; Plans made by the Auto Union for the Monterey...
- ESD sponsors secon annual thermal spray conference. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr98, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p53
Describes the Automotive Applications of Thermal Spray Technology conference by the ESD the Engineering Society during June 1998. Venue; Topics covered; Chairman of the conference.
- Innovative Tool Coatings for Increasing Tool Life in Milling Nickel-Coated Nickel-Silver Alloy. Sortino, Marco; Belfio, Sandro; Totis, Giovanni; Kuljanic, Elso; Fadelli, Giovanni // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;2014, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p946
In the automotive market, there is a strong interest for the production of sidewinder keys made of Nickel-coated Nickel-Silver alloy. The Nickel coating improves wear resistance and brightness of the key, nevertheless it reduces the machinability and the tool life when milling the key groove is...
- Titanium Metals creates auto group. Kachadourian, Gail; Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;1/7/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5965, p23
Reports developments in the automotive industry in the United States as of January 2002. Creation of TIMET Automotive division by Titanium Metals Corp.; Agreement between the telematics service providers MobileAria Inc. and Reuters; Plan of Lear Corp. to close plants in Michigan area.
- Big Troubles for Big Three Vex Processors. Markham, Dan // Metal Center News;Feb2006, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p40
The article reports on the optimism of U.S. toll processing executives for 2006 despite worries about the future of domestic automakers such as General Motors, Ford and Chrysler. Processors envision a more competitive market resulting from any changes the automakers and their parts suppliers...
- Oxford Automotive: 'Go Fast' Strategy in Action. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jul2000, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p64
Focuses on the installation of stamping press in the automotive manufacturing plant of Oxford Automotive at Ramoz Arizpe, Mexico. Features of the facility; Benchmarking program for stamping operations initiated by Oxford.