Big Hybrid, Big Idea?
- Change: No Longer Evolutionary! Stephenson, Stan // Motor Age;Jun2000, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p60
Reports the release of hybrid powertrain cars in the United States. Refinement of Honda's ultra-low emissions vehicle into super-ultra-low emissions vehicle (SULEV); Ability of Toyota Prius SULEV sedan to deliver a fuel consumption rate of 55 to 60 plus miles per gallon; Incorporation of Zetec...
- Chopping Blocks. McCormick, John // Automotive Industries;Apr2001, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p36
Outlines the plans of DaimlerChrysler AG for the consolidation of its powertrain units. Objectives of the consolidation; Efforts to eliminate redundancy; Plans to release engine for Dodge pickup. INSET: Battle of the Wee Eights, by Lindsay Brooke.
- HOME OF THE THREE. Davis, Matt // AutoWeek;10/6/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 40, p17
Due to automobile manufacturers Mazda-Ford-Volvo mix people are getting more and better Mazdas, Fords and Volvos with less waiting around the world. Mazda 3 is the first truly global, for-sale car to use the Ford corporate C1 platform. Engines for North America include a 148-hp version of the...
- AUTOMOTIVE DIARY. // Automotive Engineer;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p44
A calendar of events is presented related to the automotive industry across the world from September 10-October 29, 2014, which includes the Cenex Low-Carbon Vehicle Event, the First International Conference on Diesel Powertrains 3.0 and the Paris Motor Show.
- Taming the Unwieldy Beast. Gritzinger, Bob // AutoWeek;5/20/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 21, p16
Features the Ford Expedition XLT automobile by Ford Motor Co. Components of the automobile; Capacity of the automobile system for direct power of the wheel; Consistency of powertrains for 2003.
- End of the ICE Age? Ealey, Lance // Automotive Industries;Jan2001, Vol. 181 Issue 1, p32
Looks at the automobile powertrain that could replace the internal combustion engine (ICE) in the 21st century and could change the automobile industry. Status of electric vehicles; Ways to overcome the limitations of vehicles; Reasons ICE engine became more popular with consumers over steam...
- BorgWarner Inc. SWOT Analysis. // BorgWarner, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jun2013, p1
The article presents an overview of the automotive industry company BorgWarner Inc. which is engaged in various types of works including supply of automotive systems and powertrain applications. As mentioned, various regions from where the company works includes Europe, Asia and the U.S. It...
- We can't wait for new powertrains to evolve. Guilford, Dave // Automotive News;10/13/2008, Vol. 83 Issue 6329, p14
The article presents the author's comments about the efforts being made to create alternative automotive powertrains. According to the author, alternative-powertrain vehicles have to compete with advanced motor vehicles. The author says that powertrains need to be created which do not face the...
- Honda Insight To Be First Hybrid In U.S. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Aug99, Vol. 179 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on hybrid powered Insight engine from Honda Motor Co. Comparison with Toyota's Prius model; Information on the company's Integrated Motor Assist system; Tentative launching date.