- Taking Aluminum to New Heights. SHULDINER, HERB // Ward's Auto World;Apr2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the use of aluminum in the fifth-generation 2009 BMW 7-Series. The Aluminum Association claims that 2009 BMW models use an average of 421 pounds of the light metal per vehicle. It is noted that BMW engineers working with adhesive supplier Dow Automotive solved serious...
- Aluminum suppliers take on steel. Koskodrosky, Terry // Automotive News;11/8/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5847, p24J
Reports on the Aluminum Association Inc.'s plan to open an office in Detroit, Michigan. Move as part of the aluminum industry's efforts to compete with the steel industry for the automobile market in the United States.
- Now on the Web, it's aluminum. // T & P: Tooling & Production;May2002, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p11
Provides information on the revised Web site of Aluminum Association. Use of aluminum in the automobile manufacturing industry; Key features of the Web site.
- Aluminium joins push to recycle more auto parts. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;10/6/97, Vol. 53 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the agreement between the Aluminum Association regarding and the Vehicle Recycling Partnership (VRP) pertaining to the recycling of passenger-vehicle components. Details on the agreement; Member of the partnership; Information on the VRP.
- Aluminum for Automotive Body Sheet Panels. // Automotive Industries;Oct97 Supplement New Product &, Vol. 177 Issue 10, p15
Presents the guide `Automotive Body Sheet Panels' by The Aluminum Association, Incorporated. What the guide covers; Cost of the guide.
- Automakers increasingly turn to aluminum to improve. Larkin, John // Automotive Industries;Mar2006, Vol. 186 Issue 3, p48
The article reports on the global use of aluminum in automotive applications in 2006. According to a report commissioned by the Aluminum Association Inc., the use of aluminum in the industry continues to grow. The factors which contributed to this growth are indicated, including rising global...
- Competitive Aluminum Technologies Now Complementary. Priddle, Alisa // Ward's Auto World;Sep2003, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p37
Reports on the merger of aluminum companies Alcan Inc. and Alusuisse Group Ltd. to form Alcan Inc. Technologies brought by the companies into the automobile industry; Advantage of the merger to the industry; Application of Alcan's aluminum technology in the 2004 Jaguar XJ automobile model.
- Study Shows Aluminum Passes Iron in Ranking of Automotive Materials. // Foundry Management & Technology;Apr2006, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the new research study which contends that aluminum has surpassed iron in volume by content for automobiles manufactured worldwide. The study commissioned by The Aluminum Association Inc.'s Auto & Light Truck Group, discovered that passenger vehicles in North America...
- Mixed messages. // Automotive Engineer;Sep2006, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p36
The article focuses on the use of aluminum parts in automobile body construction. Some application engineers believe that the metal would be advantageous despite its higher raw cost and relatively lower strength, stiffness, and formidability. As a strong advocate of aluminum, Jaguar launched its...