- Designing plastic snap-fits. Crangulescu, Nicolae; Raymond, Martha K. // Machine Design;2/6/97, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p86
Focuses on the facilitation of plastic injection-molded parts assembly by replacing fasteners with integral snap-fits. Considerations in calculating snap-fit stiffness; Use of closed-form equations based on Beam's theory.
- Your Business: Outlook. Thedinger, Bart // Plastics Technology;Aug2002, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p51
Focuses on electronic molding developments in the U.S. Shipments of electronic devices for injection molding; Market opportunity for plastic molders from the computer and business machine industry; Role of plastic injection molding on the production of cellular phones.
- Drive retrofits slash energy bills. Ogando, Joseph // Plastics Technology;Jan95, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the use of motor-speed controller in injection molding machines. Hydraulic demand during the cycle; Return on investment; Benefits from motor-speed controller. INSET: A different drive technology..
- Molders benefit from new software for a host of shop needs. Naitove, Matthew H. // Plastics Technology;Jan95, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the use of maintenance software designed for injection molders of plastics. Control of the costs of spare parts; Auxiliary equipment and general plant maintenance.
- Hot runners for quick color changes. Dewar, Neil; Vettor, Dario // Plastics Technology;Jan95, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p47
Presents guidelines for selecting and operating a hot-runner system in injection molding. Flow characteristics of polymers; Effects of temperature; Quick changes by design.
- Hourly rates slipped in 3rd quarter. Naitove, Matthew H. // Plastics Technology;Jan95, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p67
Reports on the hourly rates of injection molders in the United States in the third quarter of 1994. Small-press rates.
- Continuous molding. Zahn, Irwin; Ogando, Joseph // Plastics Technology;Jun95, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p53
Focuses on the use of continuous injection molding as an alternative approach to improve the efficiency of secondary operation centers. Use of tooling modifications to accommodate the connections of successive shots; Determination of the applicability of continuous molding.
- Powder injection molding yields new control technology. Ogando, Joseph // Plastics Technology;Sep95, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p31
Focuses on powder injection molding's (PIM) generation of control technology that could benefit other types of injection molding of plastics. Incorporation of the control technology in a commercial system from Kisler Instrument Corp.; BASF Corp.'s offering of ready-to-mold PIM feedstocks;...
- In-mold textile laminating gives boost to injection-compression. Ogando, Joseph // Plastics Technology;Apr96, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p17
Discusses the potential application of injection-compression molding (ICM) for in-mold decoration or lamination. Definition of ICM; Factors that distinguish ICM varieties; Three ICM processes based on gap size; Commercial applications of ICM in-mold decorating. INSET: What you need for ICM..