We Need Simple Campaign Finance Reform
- Support Judicial Candidates for 2012. // Indiana Lawyer;10/12/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p12
The article reports on the support of IndyBar's Attorneys for an Independent Bench (AIB) political action committee to judicial candidates in the 2012 elections for Marion Circuit and Superior Courts in Indiana.
- Getting PAC Support. Berry, Anne // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p40
Presents advice for political candidates on asking for support from political action committees. Preparations needed before asking for funds; Aspects to consider when making a call to political action committees; Actions to take after receiving monetary support.
- Blue Dogs seek a hunting ground in upper chamber. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;6/26/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 76, p1
The article reports that Blue Dog Democrats in the U.S., frustrated that their fight to end deficit spending has been blocked by the Senate, may endorse or back candidates running for the Senate.
- Help on way for 'new Democrats'. A.S. // National Journal;10/05/96, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p2130
Reports on the expected financial aid and other aid from New Democrat Network Political Action Committee (PAC) for congressional candidates running as `New Democrats.' Purpose of the endorsement by the PAC of several House and Senate candidates; Selection by the PAC's board of the endorsees;...
- PRO-ISRAEL PAC CONTRIBUTIONS TO 2000 CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATES. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p17
Lists pro-Israel political action committee contributions to 2000 Congressional candidates in the United States. Contribution to Dianne Feinstein of California; Mark Udall, Colorado; Hillary Clinton, New York.
- Look for the Union Label. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p34
Reports on the fund contributions given by union political action committees (PAC) to political candidates in the 2000 elections for the United States Congress. List of political candidates who received fund from PAC.
- Ruling clears way for wealthy to spend more on campaigns. Dunn, Jamey // Illinois Issues;May2014, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the significance of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that stripped away restrictions on campaign donations by wealthy donors to candidates, parties and political action committees. The topics discussed include suing of Federal Elections Commission by Shaun McCutcheon, a...
- Silicon Valley Gets Into Political Act. Bruner, Richard // Electronic News;10/11/99, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p28
Reveals the United States presidential aspirants favored by members of the semiconductor industry for the year 2000 elections. Role played by political action committees; Comments from Andy Grove, chairman of Intel.
- Society's PAC a powerful tool for the profession. Deiters, Harold // Trusted Professional;Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p18
The article presents the author's views on Certified Public Accountant Political Action Committee (CPAPAC) that acts as a powerful tool for the profession by distributing donations to political candidates who support the profession and FedEx Advantage Program that gives 29 percent discount on...