Safeguarding investments and creation of transaction value in asymmetric international subcontracting relationships: The role of relationship learning and relational capital
- Seeing Windows of Opportunity. Anderson, Melissa // Automotive Design & Production;Sep2006, Vol. 118 Issue 9, p16
The article explores the concept of the window of opportunity which affects the success of business outcomes. When a window of opportunity opens up, it means that the conditions are right for a good return on investment. Product lifecycle is one of the factors that drive the timing of a window...
- Why collaborate? Kanter, Rosabeth Moss // Executive Excellence;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p8
Discusses the growing popularity of partnerships and collaboration in businesses. Leveraging of the strengths of a business partner to create more value and build more sales than either company could do alone; Formation of partnerships around worthy causes.
- Be ahead of change. Drucker, Peter // Executive Excellence;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p8
Discusses factors that must be considered when forging alliances and partnerships. Contribution of each party; Identification of every partner's goals and values; Agreement on an outside arbiter.
- Three local tool companies form joint venture. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p34
Reports the alliance of several companies for a joint venture supplying vertical insert molding systems in Illinois. Participation of Panzer Tool Works Inc. in the business venture; Inclusion of Pro Mold & Die in the partnership; Proposal of companies to offer a complete turnkey package to...
- STRATEGIC ALLIANCES AND CORPORATE CONTROL. Fraidin, Stephen; Lelutiu, Radu // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p865
Focuses on strategic alliances and corporate control. Business purposes served by the joint venture agreement; Geographical access control; Access to strategic resources and globalization concerns; Network benefits.
- COMMENT: THE ROLE OF OUTSIDE COUNSEL IN FORMING STRATEGIC ALLIANCES. Shaw Jr., Hewitt B. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p965
Focuses on the role of outside counsel in forming strategic alliances. Experiences of the author with joint ventures; Consumption of legal services; Role of trust in strategic relationship.
- Suppliers form alliance. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Jul2006, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on Spokane, Washington,-based United Coatings Inc. and Brookfield, Wisconsin-based Technical Roofing Solutions' signing of a formal joint product and marketing agreement to expand their respective territories.
- Strategic alliances key to getting products to market. St. Jean, Ronald // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/24/95, Vol. 99 Issue 30, p17
Suggests the need for joint ventures on strategic alliance of manufacturers and distributors to bring products to the marketplace. Cost-effectiveness of joint ventures; Absence of restrictions for joint ventures; Advantage of forming an alliance with a distributor; Increased interest in...
- Strategic alliances offer quick access to markets. Esters, Stephanie D. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/24/96, Vol. 100 Issue 26, p9
Focuses on the advantages of strategic alliances or joint ventures over merging or acquiring a business. Flexibility; ITT Hartford Group's strategic alliances with Medical Protective; Comments of Sue Honeyman, spokeswoman for the ITT Hartford, on the benefits of the company's alliance with...