Market convergence and advertising standardization in the European Union
- Education will protect consumers as well as the law. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week (Online Edition);3/12/2012, p2
The author discusses changes in the European Union (EU) data protection directive. He reports on the scheduled deadline of using online behavioural advertising techniques on May 26, 2012. To protect consumers, he explains that regulatory changes will include the requirement of consent before...
- Out of Site at AdAge.com. // Advertising Age;10/9/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 41, p11
The article presents news briefs related to the advertising agencies in the U.S. Comments from Adrian Kingsley-Hughes on the marketing strategies sued for the Sony Play Station 3 are included. Criticisms raised by journalist Michael Slezak on the advertising campaign for Gap's skinny black pants.
- A NEW GENERATION OF AGRO-ALIMENTARY PRODUCTS ON ROMANIAN MARKET - NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS. Cătălina, Ţimiraş Laura // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1256
The present study constitutes a succinct description of the evolution status of nutritional products on Romanian market, as well as the context of its appearance on the market. Constituting the latest generation of agro-alimentary products, the nutritional products are adapted to metabolic needs...
- THE MAN BEHIND THE MIND-SET. Moran, Gwen // Entrepreneur;Mar2005, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p68
Discusses issues related to cultivating a marketing mind-set in your business in the U.S. Achievement of a realistic perspective of marketing opportunities; Creation of a marketing plan; Importance of commitment in marketing.
- OBSERVATIONS AND OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST. Schuermann, Bill // Agri Marketing;Nov2003, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p4
Shares an author's observations regarding the farm broadcast industry in the U.S. Allocation of more resources to tactics that embrace the farm broadcasting strategy; Reliance of marketers on free publicity to further enhance their company's communications programs; Need to have a professional,...
- The world's a stage. Gray, Robert // Marketing (00253650);11/21/2007, p35
The article presents the author's views on field marketing techniques. He says that field marketing techniques, while still effective, have limitations in terms of flexibility, cost and impact. He further says that in a media-saturated environment, marketers are required to think carefully about...
- Another data law, another ugly brawl. Barnett, Michael // Marketing Week (Online Edition);3/13/2012, p4
The author discusses the planned implementation of the electronic privacy directive of the European Union (EU). He explains that the directive will require companies to secure permission from an individual before they can use any personal data of that person for their marketing strategies. He...
- Who Standardizes Advertising More Frequently, and Why Do They Do So? A Comparison of U.S. and Japanese Subsidiaries' Advertising Practices in the European Union. Taylor, Charles R; Okazaki, Shintaro // Journal of International Marketing;2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p98
This study reports the results of a survey of executives of subsidiaries of Japanese and U.S. firms operating in the European Union (EU). The fundamental issues addressed are the degree to which firms perceive EU national markets as similar, the degree to which firms use standardized advertising...
- Using 'Disruption' to your advantage. Polyack, Jolene // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/23/2004, Issue 323195, p13
Cites disruption as a method used by advertising agencies in creating messages that will become memorable for products and services. Effectivity of disruption in gaining market share; Tactics and strategies applied in disruption; Advantages of disruption in advertising businesses.