THIS JUST IN
- Comcast Calls on Vonage. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p20
The article reports on the collaboration of Comcast with Vonage Holdings. The collaboration aims to ensure that network-management techniques don't interrupt the voice-over-Internet provider's services. It has resulted from the scrutiny made by the Federal Communications Commission to Comcast...
- Comcast, Charter Bid for Midsize Biz. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/27/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p28
The article reports on the initiative of multiple system operators (MSOs) Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc. to win more middle size business customers through enhanced Ethernet-based network-services offerings.
- Press Clippings. // CableFAX Daily;9/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 186, p2
This article reports that investment banks UBS and Deutsche Bank are encouraging the shareholders of Vonage to consider selling their company to a cable company like Time Warner of Comcast.
- New payment plan delays Charter's Comcast buyout. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/15/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 12, p8
The article focuses on the acquisition plans between Charter Communications Inc. and Comcast Corp as of April 2003 that has been further postponed. Charter Communications chairman Paul Alien and Comcast Corp. have agreed to delay Alien's scheduled$ 725 million buyout of a cable system joint...
- Comcast, Charter and others cable players continue to see opportunity in Wi-Fi during Q2. Dano, Mike // FierceWirelessTech;8/6/2015, p2
The article discusses the plans for wireless networking technology (Wi-Fi) announced by some cable companies during their 2015 second quarter conference calls with analysts. Charter Communications reiterated its promise that combined company called New Charter would make significant investments...
- I can see clearly now. Schumuckler, Eric // Brandweek;5/6/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 18, pSR18
Announces the plan of Comcast and Charter Communications to roll out high-definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. Difference of digital TV from HDTV; Some of the challenges being faced by cable operators; Deployment of HDTV by Time Warner Cable; Information on problems posed by HDTV to...
- VOIP is getting very real. Wilson, Carol // America's Network;9/15/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p34
Focuses on the services of the voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) on Vonage. Emergence of VOIP standard; Business plan of Vonage; Capability of the Virtual Phone Number.
- Betting BIG. Baumgartner, Jeff; Brown, Karen // CED;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p34
The article focuses on various communications devices. Voice-over-IP came roaring to life with rollouts in 2004, and that will only strengthen in 2005 as players including Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications jump in with both feet. The big question for MSOs will be the decision between...
- Comcast, Charter Make Deal. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/29/2014, pA01
10 Cable TV leader