Nets Seek and Find Digital Calling
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p39
Presents news items concerning digital television technology in the United States as of March 2001. IBlast's start of pilot-testing of a local emergency alert system at part of its national datacasting service; Boston, Massachusetts-based WGBH's purchasing of DSP Media Poststation II audio...
- ITV drops separate digital sales plans as Platt takes over. // Campaign (UK);10/02/98, Issue 40, p3
Reports that the Independent Television (ITV) cable network television will set up a sales committee which will consist of representatives from its three sale houses, instead of establishing a sale force for its digital terrestrial channel, ITV2. Who will chair the committee; Information on ITV2.
- Univision's East Coast hub. Brown, Peter // Broadcasting & Cable;01/11/99, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p88
Features the WXTV digital television (TV) facility of Univision in Teaneck, New Jersey. Communication systems; Infrastructure design; Services offered.
- DUALING NETWORKS. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;9/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the expansion of the coverage and small-market television broadcasters for the digital stations of UPN. Digital television stations in the U.S. included as UPN affiliates; Competitors of UPN; Future plan of UPN for its digital channel. INSET: UPN'S DIGITAL DELIVERIES.
- PBS CONTINUES ITS TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP WITH DTV. // Broadcasting & Cable;Mar/APr2005 Supp PBS, p15
Focuses on the success of television network Public Broadcasting System in offering digital television broadcasts (DTV) in the U.S. Types of programming offered by the network when it first offered DTV in November 1998; Deals entered by the network with cable operators for its DTV programming;...
- WB GETS DIGITAL PICKUP FROM CBS. Kirchen, Rich // MediaWeek;01/29/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p14
Deals with the television digital multicasting of WISC-TV station in the United States on January 4, 2001. Information on the channels featured by WISC-TV; Benefits of using the digital television technology; How the network signal of WB network will be beamed through cable.
- Seven runs play for digital TV. Lewes, Jacqueline Lee // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/26/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 8, p46
Australia's Seven Network has said it hopes to spark a consumer buy-up of digital set-top boxes with its coverage of the Rugby World Cup in October and November. The network said it will carry two digital channels to enhance its primary digital wide-screen coverage of the tournament. One of the...
- Google's 'White Space' Plan. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;3/31/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p10
The article reports on the argument concerning the plan of Google Inc. to acquire a spectrum space with digital television (DTV) channels in the U.S. The television broadcasting industry argues that the move may result towards the development of problems among DTV channels with the utilization...
- Digital future requires indie streak in local TV. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/31/2006, Vol. 392 Issue 46, p15
The article focuses on issues related to digital television in the U.S. Broadcast television stations are getting yet another taste of a digital future they can't seem to get their arms around fast enough. It's a time when their place in a transforming media world is becoming more marginalized....