Sci Fi Renews 'Atlantis,' 'ECW'
- Season 10 for 'Stargate SG-1' // Multichannel News;10/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p20
Reports on several television programs that were commissioned by Sci Fi Channel in the U.S. in 2005. Significance of the television programs to Sci Fi; Increase in the ratings of the television program "Stargate SG-1"; Number of viewers of the television program "Stargate Atlantis" according to...
- AUDS DISCOVER 'EUREKA' Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/20/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that the premiere of Sci Fi Channel's "Eureka" was the highest-rated series telecast in the network's history, luring 4.1 million viewers. The television program also topped the night on cable in overall viewers. In addition, it posted a 1.3 million rating/4 share in adults,...
- 'Heroes' super in its Brit bow. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;2/21/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 38, p12
This article discusses the highest audience ratings delivered by a U.S. hit television series "Heroes," for Great Britain's Sci Fi Channel. The series has achieved an exceptional share of 4.4% of the total audience for any specialty channel in the country. The article also speculates on the...
- Sci Fi picks up 'Stargate' pair. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/25/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 17, p2
Reports that Sci Fi Channel has renewed space operas "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" in the U.S. Rank of Sci Fi among the basic cablers on Friday nights over the summer; Consideration of "SG-1" as the longest running science fiction drama; Production of "SG-1" by Double Secret Productions.
- Speedy Start for Sci Fi's 'Atlantis,' TNT's 'The Grid' // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p30
Reports on the rating performances of Sci Fi Channel's original "Stargate Atlantis" and "The Grid" from TNT. Household rating of "Stargate Atlantis" on July 16 according to Nielson Media Research data; Number of viewers of "The Grid'; Focus of the TV program "The Grid."
- 'Stargate' Floodgates. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p4
The article focuses on the issues concerning the cancellation of "Stargate Atlantis" television program produced by MGM Domestic Television Distribution in the U.S. The show will be replaced by "Stargate Universe," starting with a two-hour movie in early 2009. According to Dave Howe, president...
- STARGATE SG-1/STARGATE ATLANTIS. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p37
Reviews the television programs "Stargate SG-1," and "Stargate: Atlantis," to be broadcast by Sci Fi Channel.
- Bumpy Start for 'Battlestar' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p17
The article focuses on the television viewership results of the third season debut of "Battlestar Galactica" last October 16, 2006 in the U.S. Sci Fi Channel reports that the program drew 2.2 million viewers from 9pm to 11pm, thus exceeding the 2.1 million viewership average achieved by its...
- SCI FI NET FLIES ON FRIDAY. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/19/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 11, p5
This article reports that the cable television network Sci Fi Channel delivered stratospheric primetime ratings for the season premieres of its July 15, 2005 lineup of scripted series of television programs "Stargate SG-1," "Stargate Atlantis," and "Battlestar Galactica." "Galactica," beginning...