MA BELL'S IDEAS FOR IPTV
- SMALL BUSINESS VoIP HARDWARE. Overington, Matthew // APC (Bauer Media Group);Sep2006, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p62
The article presents information on the benefits of employing Voice over IP (VoIP). Telephony has been revolutionized by VoIP. Consumers can make voice calls over a conventional Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line or cable connection through VoIP. VoIP can now be installed in regular handsets,...
- Maximum-strength handset. Vittore, Vince // Wireless Review;Jan2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
Features the Motorola i530 global positioning system-enabled handsets. Colors available for the phone; Specifications and features of the phone; Statement from Southern LINC, wireless service provider of Motorola on the model.
- TWC expands voice, data, video offerings. // CED;Nov2007, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that U.S.-based Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) upgraded several of its voice, data and video services. The upgrade includes Oceanic TWC's deployment of the voice messaging service of GotVoice Inc. for its RoadRunner high speed Internet and Oceanic digital phone subscribers....
- Beyond the handset. Cozzens, Tracy // Wireless Asia;Apr/May2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the advancement in global positioning system (GPS) services, which are driving the way to intelligent integration of GPS in digital cameras. A report by IMS Research suggests that GPS manufacturers have been developing ways to integrate GPS technology with digital camera....
- PDA Phone Adds Wi-Fi VoIP, Turn-By-Turn GPS Navigation. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/27/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p48
The article features iPAQ hw6900, a personal digital assistant (PDA) phone from Hewlett-Packard. The PDA phone is the first to use Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system and the company's first to ship with wireless fidelity voice over Internet protocol capability. iPAQ hw6900 is equipped with...
- Carriers charge down the digital road for features, not capacity. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p18
Focuses on the progress of cellular carriers in their efforts to upgrade their 800 MHz analog networks to digital technology in the United States. Demand for digital service; Upgrades undertaken by carriers in their network infrastructure; History of the use of digital technology on cellular...
- One-rate plans push customers to digital service. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p18
Focuses on the pricing plans of digital cellular services in the United States. Rate plans; Cellular carriers moving customers from analog service to digital service.
- Phone service war spreads; cellular providers get involved. Gatland, Laura // Crain's Chicago Business;02/02/98, Vol. 21 Issue 5, pSR6
Talks about digital carrier which are said to be dominating the wireless market. Features of the carriers; Comments from Jill Bond, a consultant with Telecommunications Research and Action Center (TRAC) in Washington; Why digital carriers are considered more secure from fraud and provide better...
- Reach out and confuse someone. Halligan, Tom // Electronic Design;03/09/98, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p18
Editorial. Comments on the creation of confusion over the comparative features of digital mobile phones and cellular phones. Advantages of digital phones; Improvements to be made to analog communications technology.