- Bird gooses EchoStar capacity. // CED;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p10
Reports on an increase in EchoStar Communications Corp.'s national and spot-beam capacity with the launch of the SES Americom satellite. Description of the Americom 16 bird which lifted off from Cape Canaveral in December 2004.
- EchoStar Revives Broadband Internet Plan. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p55
EchoStar Communications Corp. has entered into a deal with SES Americom Inc. for launching both broadband and video capacity together in 2004. EchoStar would buy up all of the capacity on Ku/Ka-band AMC-15 of SES, with plans to use it for satellite television programming along with with...
- Proton Failure May Have Impact On Launch, Pay-TV Markets. // Satellite News;3/19/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the second failure of the Proton Breeze M rocket in six months when a problem with the vehicle's second stage left SES Americom's AMC-14 short of its intended orbit on March 15, 2008. The satellite, which news reports claim is 8,000 kilometers short of its planned altitude...
- SES Americom Inc. Takes 79,000SF in Princeton for U.S. HQs. Stratton, Kelly // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;1/27/2013, p11
The article reports on an agreement reached by SES Americom Inc. with National Business Parks Inc. in January 2013 to lease a property in Princeton, New Jersey.
- TVN's MSO Client List Grows. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p37
Reports the business plan of TVN Entertainment Corp. to fill the complex video-on-demand needs of cable operators through deals in the U.S. Commitment to provide delivery and asset-management products to three multiple-systems operators; Completion of trial agreement with Comcast Corp.; Use of...
- briefly. // Chicago Weekend;7/7/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on a new affiliation agreement between entertainment services provider Starz Entertainment, LLC, and Comcast Corp., American mass media firm, for the distribution of Starz's Encore and MoviePlex premium channels along with online advanced services.
- Liberty CEO: Starz Seeks Digital Partner. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/17/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p8
The article reports on the statement of George Maffei, chief executive officer (CEO) at Liberty Media on the search of its subsidiary Starz Entertainment for a partnership with another video-on-demand provider, following the end of a dispute with Netflix.
- Carriage Deals. // CableFAX Daily;3/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 62, p1
Presents news briefs concerning cable industry deals in the U.S. as of March 2006. Programming deal signed by Starz and EchoStar; Decision of DirecTV to postpone its plans to terminate the national and local ION Networks channels; Possible changes that will be introduced by Time Warner Cable in...
- BUSINESS NOTES. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/9/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p61
The article offers news briefs on issues regarding radio broadcasting and wireless communication systems in the U.S. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit stayed a permanent injunction won by TiVo that stopped EchoStar from selling its digital video recorders in the U.S. XM Satellite...