U-Verse Has an Outage
- Canadian cable Ops enhance a local weapon. Careless, James // Multichannel News;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p30
Reports that Canadian cable television operators are sprucing up their community access channels. Absence of government mandate to carry them; Competitive edge against telephone companies and direct-to-home platforms.
- Moving at Wavelet speed. Laubach, Mark // CED;Jun2001, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p86
Discusses the benefits of wavelet modulation for existing cable television networks. Steep modulation stop-band; Quality of service; Channel capacities; Differences between downstream and upstream channels; Removal of digital speed bumps in the headend.
- Q2: A lifestyle alternative. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/3/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 23, p16
Reports on cable network QVC's Q2 channel. Appointment of Candice Carpenter as Q2 president; Show categories; Lifestyle underpinnings; Fashion as strong element; Replacement of The QVC Fashion Channel; Expansion of base of viewers; Range of price points.
- Encore: Waiting for VOD. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;07/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p5
Deals with the improvement brought by video-on-demand (VOD) on the channels offered by cable companies. Benefits offered by VOD on cable companies; Information on a broadband network offered by On2.com company for cable companies; Challenges faced by On2.com in supporting cable companies.
- U.S. channels may face digital delay in Canada. Reveler, Norma // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/31/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 23, p91
Reports on the possible delay of carriage of United States channels on Canadian cable services. Transition from analog to digital; Use of capacity freed by digital technology.
- MCN BUZZ METER. // Multichannel News;7/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p30
The article lists the top ten cable and broadcast television providers and programs from June 28, 2012 to July 5, 2012 which include Euro 2012 soccer match in the television channel ESPN the program titled "Family Guy" in Fox channel and the BET awards for 2012 in the Bet channel.
- CAS no panacea for India's complicated cable TV problems. Srivastava, Ashutosh // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/25/2003, p10
Conditional access system (CAS) started off innocuously enough, as an initiative to bring order to the chaotic cable TV distribution market in India. However, implementation has turned into a nightmare that has left the Indian government red in the face. Barely 10 per cent of this revenue...
- Now,Set Asia Availble in Taxes. // India -- West;5/28/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 27, pB7
The article reports on the launch of the award-winning channel of Sony Entertainment Television Asia (SET Asia) on EnTouch's cable platform in Texas on May 1, 2010.
- Lifetime nets get Dish-engaged. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/3/2006, Vol. 392 Issue 26, p4
The article reports that EchoStar Communications Corp. yanked Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network from its Dish Network a result of a carriage dispute. The companies charged each other with bad-faith negotiations in dueling press releases issued during the weekend and in postings on their...