NBA Confirms Turner Talks
- FIBA Not Thrilled About NBA's Plan. Thomsen, Ian // Sports Illustrated;2/25/2002, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p75
Reports that National Basketball Association (NBA) commissioner David Stern is considering expansion into Europe. Potentially lucrative markets in Europe and China for basketball; His view that the domestic market for men's basketball is mature, and that television ratings and advertising will...
- Media Buyers: NBA Could Get A Bounce. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the forecast of the mediay buyers regarding the continuous high television ratings for the National Basketball Association (NBA) program in the U.S.
- Thomson huddles with CBS on hi-def. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;08/21/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on the deal between CBS Entertainment and Thomson Consumer Electronics to underwrite the high-definition television (HDTV) broadcast of games in the United States. Terms of the deal; Sponsorship of several CBS HDTV broadcast by Thomson; Efforts of Thomson to tie a promotional offer into...
- We want our Gay TV. Meers, Erik // Advocate;3/5/2002, Issue 858, p56
Reports the partnership between the television broadcasting companies Showtime and Music Television to create a gay cable channel in the U.S. Benefits and disadvantages of the gay channel; Details on television programs concerning the homosexuals; Launch of PrideVision, a gay television in Canada.
- U.S. Producers Find Their Own Reality. Sternberg, Scott // Broadcasting & Cable;6/9/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 23, p38
The author reflects on the effort of U.S. television producers in looking for their own reality entertainment genre. He asserts that the country has been dominated by European reality formats. He claims that U.S. television networks has developed formats of their own celebrity reality genre,...
- Cable, Broadcast Unite. O'Steen, Kathleen // Television Week;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p19
Focuses on the partnership between cable operators and broadcasters in distributing programs on The Warner Bros. (WB) network in the U.S. Background on the relationship between broadcasters and cable companies; Details of the distribution arrangement between The WB and cable operators; Benefits...
- LOCAL LISTINGS. // Electronic Media;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p24
Reports developments in U.S. television industry as of August 2002. Team up of sportscaster Les Shapiro with sports anchor David Treadwell; Collaboration of sports director Ed Daniels and newscaster Liz Reyes for the weekday newscast of WGNO-TV; Expansion in the newscast programming of WNYW-TV.
- Urban programming demand divides UPN, Salt Lake affil. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;10/24/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 37, p1
Reports the disagreement of partners UPN and KJZZ over television programming in the United States. Details on the affiliation renewal proposal of KJZZ; Transfer of affiliation to home shopping outlet KAZG-TV by UPN; Details of business differences between the partners.
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;10/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p10
Reports developments related to the television industry in the U.S. Demand of the customers on digital cable; Partnership of iN Demand, a video-on-demand provider with Seagram; Availability of online games in AMC Network.