Third Strike: Dolans Are Out of Pitches
- ANALYST: DOLANS COULD GO WAY HIGHER. // Multichannel News;5/21/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p26
The article reports on Paul Research medial analyst Richard Greenfield's criticism on what he believes is a lowball offer from the Dolan family to take U.S.-based cable company Cablevision Systems Corp. private. He believes that the family could raise its $35.26 per share offer to at least $42...
- DEALS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p29
The article reports the pending privatization deal of the Cablevision Systems Corp. by Dolan family in the U.S. The radio silence and lack of communication on the pending privatization deal have caused several analysts to speculate that the Dolan family is raising their offer more. According to...
- Could Cable's Phone Ride Be Over? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/27/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p18
The article reports on the remarks of media analyst Richard Greenfield of Pali Research regarding the decline of cable-telephony additions in 2008. According to Greenfield, Cablevision Systems Corp. took six years to achieve its milestones and it is unsure if its peers in telephony industry can...
- Cablevision to spin off satellite business. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/6/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p9A
Reports plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. to spin off its direct-broadcast satellite service along with the Clearview Cinemas theater Chain in Long Island, New York. Expected completion date of the spin-off; Cash infusion from Cablevision; View of the investment community.
- MSG Spin Will Aid Cablevision. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;1/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p21
The article reports that the board of directors at Cablevision Systems Corp. has scheduled their planned spin-off of assets at the Madison Square Garden on February 9, 2010.
- OVER THE RAINBOW. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;08/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 48, p5
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s plan to spin off its Rainbow Media unit into a separate tracking stock in order to unlock the value of its programming assets and gain currency for future investments. Negotiation with a deal with the New York Yankees baseball team; Plan to trade the...
- Cablevision feeds nets to the bird. Amdur, Meredith; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/24/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 15, p1
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has announced a wholesale restructuring followed by a spinoff of the company's just-launched Voom satellite-programming division along with its prime basic cable networks AMC Entertainment Inc., Independent Film Channel and Women's Entertainment in the U.S....
- CABLEVISION CLOUDY. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/8/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the uncertainty of the status of Cablevision Systems following the downward revision of its previous 2001 cash-flow projections. Consideration of selling some assets; Denial of a possible takeover of the firm by Time Warner Cable; List of other Cablevision assets.
- Dolans: If At First You Don't Succeed. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/16/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 39, p8
The article reports on the effort of well-known business family, the Dolans, in managing cable company Cablevision. The Dolan family has made previous passes to take the company private. They have made a controversial bid of $21 a share that would have separated the cable business from company's...