The Forbes 400 By the Numbers
- THE NEAR-AFFLUENT. // American Demographics;Dec2002/Jan2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p40
Presents statistics on household income for the near-affluent class in the U.S. Income range of the near-affluent category; Share of total U.S. households of the category; Overview of the group category.
- Brazzil Mag. // Brazzil Mag;3/1/2010, p1
The article reports that with fortunes greater than a billion dollars, 36 Latin Americans figure in the Forbes list. It is stated that Mexican Carlos Slim's accumulated fortune this year reaches 53,5 billion dollars. It is mentioned that there are a total of 18 Brazilians that integrate the...
- German wealth: decline in mass affluent population shapes market. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p99
The article reports that the number of mass affluent individuals in Germany decreased between the years 1999 and 2004, according to the Datamonitor document "Wealth Management in Germany 2005." A pie graph is presented to show the composition of the savings and investments market by client type,...
- RISING Tide. Kroll, Luisa; Goldman, Lea // Forbes Global;3/15/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p49
Presents information on the 18th annual billionaire rankings of "Forbes," as of March 2004. Number of new billionaires who made it to the list in 2003; Collective net worth of the world's wealthiest persons; Billionaires who rejoined the list after a long absence.
- Behind the numbers. // Fortune International (Europe);9/20/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 5, p56
Presents statistics from the top 40 richest people under 40 chart. How the ranks of people on the list have changed except for Michael Dell; Indications that the technological industry is losing momentum.
- Counting To 400. // Forbes Asia;Oct2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p88
Statistics are presented on the rise in wealth of rich people in the U.S. in 2010 and the rise in the number of rich people living in different cities of the U.S. including California and New York and the percentage of gainers and losers.
- Have You Got What It Takes to Be Rich? Hyatt, Josh // Money;Sep2006, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p95
The article discusses myths associated with people who become wealthy and examines their merit. The myths include that in order to be rich you must have charisma, be able to see into the future, stick to your guns, take big risks, and have a burning desire to get rich. The author provides...
- Thick as Billionaires. // Russian Life;May/Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p7
Reports that Russia has 25 billionaires. Forbes magazine's 18th annual ranking of the world's wealthiest people.
- European wealth: high net worths getting higher. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;May 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p16
Presents data on the high net worth population in Europe. Projected increase in the number of high net worth individuals in Europe; Average annual growth rate.