Cutting Big Checks
- AUSTRALIA'S WEALTHIEST PEOPLE 40 AND UNDER. // BRW;9/15/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p95
Presents a chart depicting the 40 top wealthiest young people in Australia as of September 2005.
- A rich responsibility. Harper, Ian // BRW;5/19/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p108
Describes people's perceptions of rich business people in Australia. Differences in people's views on rich people from the business sector and those from other sectors of the society; Wealth as an object of scorn; Reasons for the public fascination with the wealthy.
- Fast money in a changing world. Hooper, Narelle // BRW;05/28/99, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p74
Presents charts and information on the individuals and families listed on the magazine's `Rich 200,' list for 1999. How the creation of wealth is changing in Australia; Impact from the stock market boom; Nature of the new fortunes on the list; Chart of the fastest-growing fortunes, the biggest...
- The richest people. // Business Miscellany (9781861978660);2006, p86
Three tables are presented that list the richest people in the world in 1996 and in 2005, and Europe's richest people in 2006.
- The Richie Rich Club. // Business Today;8/8/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p28
Several charts are presented depicting the high net worth individual (HNWI) wealth distribution worldwide in 2009, the HNWI population by country in 2009, and the geographic distribution of ultra HNWI in 2009.
- Brazzil Mag. // Brazzil Mag;3/1/2010, p1
The article reports that with fortunes greater than a billion dollars, 36 Latin Americans figure in the Forbes list. It is stated that Mexican Carlos Slim's accumulated fortune this year reaches 53,5 billion dollars. It is mentioned that there are a total of 18 Brazilians that integrate the...
- "SOAKING THE RICH" Lefèvre, Edwin // Saturday Evening Post;2/20/1932, Vol. 204 Issue 34, p14
Characterizes the rich men in accordance to how they acquire their wealth. Description of the rich in a rapidly growing country; Attitude of the conservative rich toward gambling; Admirable traits of a businessman.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // BRW;9/16/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p28
Presents statistics related to the 2004 Young Rich list of the periodical "BRW" in Australia. Number of entrants on the list; Age cap for entry to the list; Total wealth held by members of the list; Percentage of women in the list; Percentage of those on the list who have tertiary qualifications.
- EG Rich List 2007 - a pivotal moment. Cahill, Julia // Estates Gazette;10/27/2007, Issue 743, p37
The article focuses on the possible decline in the number of wealthy investors from the EG Rich List for 2007. The article says that it seems unlikely that there will be new entrants to the list as well as dramatic increases in wealth of investors. As the credit crunch has taken effect, the cost...